• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Favourite Walks to Work

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favourite Walks to Work

I've had a few in my time.

Along the South Bank, across the Tyne Bridge, down Penner Way in Havant but my current walk from the rail station takes me down a thoroughfare called Eden Vale Way and it reminds me of those old dairy adverts from the 70s that always began "Down at Eden Vale..."

...and we would catch up with the antics of the panoply of colourful characters who conducted their business down in Eden Vale; there was old Ned who was forever scolding his daughter for feeding the cream to the cat "that there cream's too good for that mangy moggy!" and there were the farm workers who would "wend their way down old Eden Vale Way after a hard day making hay".

Indeed, these are the thoughts that fill my head as I too wend my weary way home down Old Eden Vale Way....

What's yours like?
    Last edited by Martin Scroatman; 11 June 2015, 13:13.

Originally posted by Martin Scroatman View Post
    I've had a few in my time.

Along the South Bank, across the Tyne Bridge, down Penner Way in Havant but my current walk from the rail station takes me down a thoroughfare called Eden Vale Way and it reminds me of those old dairy adverts from the 70s that always began "Down at Eden Vale..." and we would catch up with the antics of the panoply of colourful characters who conducted their business down in Eden Vale; there was old Ned who was forever scolding his daughter for feeding the cream to the cat "that there cream's too good for that mangy moggy!" and there were the farm workers who would "wend their way down old Eden Vale Way after a hard day making hay".

Indeed, these are the thoughts that fill my head as I too wend my weary way home down Old Eden Vale Way....

What's yours like?
    The shortest route possible from car to desk

HTH BIDI

*cavet for Fridays via the sausage buttie shop
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Along THE South Bank - Waterloo to the Strand

Comment

Up the stairs to the study.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

On a nice day, and when I am not working from sofa, I get off at Green Park and walk across st james park via Buckingham palace, through to Westminster.

Beautiful....

Comment

Down the stairs to the study.

My favourite was through York, past the railway museum, through the gardens by the convent ruins, over the bridge, skirting the city centre, into the park.

Oddly it usually chucked it down on the way home though, so I'd get the bus.

EDIT: I didn't work in the park. Just drank there.
            Last edited by I just need to test it; 11 June 2015, 14:07.

Comment

Originally posted by MercladUK View Post
              On a nice day, and when I am not working from sofa, I get off at Green Park and walk across st james park via Buckingham palace, through to Westminster.

Beautiful....
              That's a long way from Luton!

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                Up the stairs to the study.
                Downstairs to the study.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

From my Rolls Royce to my Gulfstream... [emoji574]️
                  http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

downstairs, through the kitchen then the garden to the Manshack!!
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                    X