• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No boom is possible its over... Hey you want a boom?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No boom is possible its over... Hey you want a boom?

So after being told we definitely wont extend, this is the end, its an internal rule, wish you could stay zzzzzzzzzzzzzz They now have offered me a 3 month extension.Current gig agency trying to pressure me into signing on again immediately (as they do) and if i find something better just give notice. I don't like doing stuff like that, if i sign an extension I intend to stay until the end.

I have just over 2 weeks left here if i don't extend again. Been taking a look at the market a bit of interest but nothing concrete like a contract offer yet. I think i will let everything sit until next week to see if a more attractive (longer term) option become available either here (with some negotiating) or some sparkly new thing arrives.

Anyway i just wanted to share it all with you as i know you're all very interested...

Happy Thursday

Suggest to them, that you are thinking about upping your rate as this will be the last contract and you have nothing to lose.

Hours of fun
    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Apparently someone from the client wants to talk to me to ensure i stay as a recent perm resignation hurt the project, if i go it would be bad for them. I am sensing a good time for a negotiation on term and maybe rate

Comment

Originally posted by Mincepie View Post
        I am sensing a good time for a negotiation on term and maybe rate
        Meaningless, but if it makes you feel better

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
          Meaningless, but if it makes you feel better
          Not necessarily, if the OP wants WFH, for example. Could be meaningless though.

Comment

I had similar, was the longest serving Dev on the project at 9 months. Asked for a rate bump. Refused and offered 3 months at same rate, I walked and found something paying 3 times more than the bump I asked for

Comment

Originally posted by TheLordDave View Post
              I had similar, was the longest serving Dev on the project at 9 months. Asked for a rate bump. Refused and offered 3 months at same rate, I walked and found something paying 3 times more than the bump I asked for
              I think I found a pattern here.
              Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Working...
              X