• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Always raise a formal complaint

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Always raise a formal complaint

The VAT people have been giving me grief recently. I underpaid VAT - agreed the amount with them. I then paid by adding into my normal quarterly VAT payment - I told them what I was doing. I was then sent a bill - and I wrote back to explain what happened. All goes quiet and so I presume matter is closed. Suddenly I get a red bill threatening me with baliffs. No contact details. Amount similar to amount of underpayment.

So I raise a formal complaint. Suddenly get a phone call - it can all be sorted out straight away - do I want to go ahead with complaint. I say no and they are happy.

Raising a formal complaint has also helped me sort out the PAYE people. And worked wonders with the CSA.

I don't have any complaints with the VAT man (nor with the CSA or PAYE). Should I still raise a complaint on the basis of getting ones retaliation in first?
    Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Comment

Working...
    X