• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I was Born in the Wrong Skin

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was Born in the Wrong Skin

The latest lunacy from the USA:

woman comes out as trans black

It's not just one loony either:

My name is Godfrey. I am WrongSkin. You may not have heard of that but it means I was born to white parents and have white skin but I identify as being black. It's not a joke. It's not OK to mock us. It's not easy to live like this.
    Why not just stick a big sign above your head with Look at Me! scrawled all across it?

Why is this considered strange? I mean nobody thought Michael Jackson was strange when he wanted to do it the other way, did they?
    I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

Originally posted by GlenW View Post
      I mean nobody thought Michael Jackson was strange
      I'm quoting this for posterity.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
        I'm quoting this out of context for posterity.
        FTFY
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by GlenW View Post
          Why is this considered strange? I mean nobody thought Michael Jackson was strange when he wanted to do it the other way, did they?
          MJ didn't feel he was a white man born in a black skin, he just tried, just like many other blacks in the Americas (especially South) to get a lighter skin as this is seen to be sociably better

Comment

I was born under a wandering star.

HTH

Comment

I was born under a Labour government

HTH
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                MJ didn't feel he was a white man born in a black skin, he just tried, just like many other blacks in the Americas (especially South) to get a lighter skin as this is seen to be sociably better

I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Robot View Post
                  The latest lunacy from the USA:

woman comes out as trans black

It's not just one loony either:

Why not just stick a big sign above your head with Look at Me! scrawled all across it?
                  Is it because I isn't black?

Comment

I'm trans *. I was born human to human parents but I identify as . It's not a joke. It's not OK to mock us. It's not easy to live like this.

Or possibly , not quite sure. Don't oppress me!
                    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
                    X