• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Are we repeating same mistakes as 1930s?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are we repeating same mistakes as 1930s?

Our defence cuts leave us looking feeble in the eyes of the world - Telegraph

We are appeasing our enemies and making the same mistakes as in the 1930s during the rise of Nazism

I disagree. We have a nuclear deterrent. However we are repeating same mistakes as 1920s. Gap between rich and poor is widening all the time.

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

We are appeasing our enemies and making the same mistakes as in the 1930s during the rise of Nazism

I disagree. We have a nuclear deterrent. However we are repeating same mistakes as 1920s. Gap between rich and poor is widening all the time.
    At least (some of) the megalomaniacs hell bent on global domination are on our side this time
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
      At least (some of) the megalomaniacs hell bent on global domination are on our side this time

What makes you think I'm on your side?
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        What makes you think I'm on your side?
        I assume you're Pinky rather than the Brain
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
          I assume you're Pinky rather than the Brain
          Seems possible.

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          Narf!

Comment

Germany now has more control over Europe that it did in 1943. Greece does not negotiate it's budget with the EU, it negotiates it with Germany. Merkel is now "open to discussion" over the United Kingdom's immigration policy.

We should have nuked Moscow, Leningrad and Stalingrad in 45.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
              "We"?

"We" didn't have any nukes at all until 1952.

The septics didn't have more than another couple of cores, and no operational weapons in 1945.
              True, plus the delivery would have been more than a trivial challenge, it's a long way to those cities from areas not controlled by the Soviets at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                "We"?

"We" didn't have any nukes at all until 1952.

The septics didn't have more than another couple of cores, and no operational weapons in 1945.
                I'm happy to use 'we' in that context.

I also don't for a second believe that they could not have produced 3 more bombs in that period.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

You can thank activist central bank policy for the latter.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
                    True, plus the delivery would have been more than a trivial challenge, it's a long way to those cities from areas not controlled by the Soviets at the time.

The Enola Gay had flight radius of 2900 miles.

Comment

Working...
                    X