• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Are the Scottish racist?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are the Scottish racist?

Scottish schools 'have no black or Asian heads' - BBC News

As long as there are no English in teaching positions then I don't see an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      As long as there are no English in teaching positions then I don't see an issue.
      An ex-friend had an ex-wife in Scotland. He went up to see his kids. In the pub someone heard his English accent. He then got a lecture on how evil the English were. It ended with "And I am a teacher and that's what I teach the children".

Comment

"A motion passed unanimously at the EIS AGM last week called for data to be gathered and analysed on the number of black and minority ethnic people employed as teachers and lecturers, as well as the number of those holding promoted posts."

Anyways, I'm actually surprised they don't capture this data somewhere, you get asked if you are white British, white Scottish or white Irish on just about every form you fill in these days up here.

Comment

And in other Scottish news :-

David Starkey criticised after comparing SNP to Nazis - Telegraph

Mr Starkey made the comments during an interview with The Sunday Times, saying: “What are the points of comparison?

“Well, we have a political movement that has a single historic explanation for why your country is facing such terrible oppression; it's either Versailles or the Treaty of the Union.

“You have a particular group of people who are responsible for this; it is either the English or the Jews.”

He went on: “You have as a symbol the twisted cross: the saltire or the swastika. You have a passionate belief in economic self-sufficiency: known by the Nazis as autarky and the Scots as oil.

Comment

It is a rational view point, complete state control is where they aim. The SNP are the only party that make their MPs and MSPs sign a contract to never object in public to the party. Evil stuff.

Of course they see no issue with calling anyone a quisling.

Comment

Teacher accused of forcing pro-SNP views on children | Herald Scotland

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                If it walks like a duck, swims like a duck, quacks like a duck then it probably is a duck.
                True.

Of course it's always possible to draw a comparison between political movements which have a strongly felt agenda at the core as they tend to behave in similar extreme ways.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                  If it walks like a duck, swims like a duck, quacks like a duck then it probably is a duck.
                  Well we are not burning homes owned by the English.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                    Well we are not burning homes owned by the English.
                    Plenty of time for that to start.

Comment

Working...
                    X