• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dzien Dobry

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dzien Dobry

Hi, I am from Poland, and I am working as a test engineer contractor. I like this forum and I am interested in joining the conversations. I hope by now that the British are used to us being here and that one day we hope to be able to offer good contracts in Poland that pay good money to top British contractors.

There is now I'm working on one!!

Thanks anyway!

Comment

Originally posted by Dobra
      Hi, I am from Poland, and I am working as a test engineer contractor. I like this forum and I am interested in joining the conversations. I hope by now that the British are used to us being here and that one day we hope to be able to offer good contracts in Poland that pay good money to top British contractors.
      <rant>
      Do you have an engineering degree??? I suspect the answer is no in which case you are not a bloody engineer!!!

You are a tester / test analyst / test anythingbutengineer

just like a plumber is a fecking plumber not a "Drainage Engineer".

You need to go though 3 years of hell to get yourself a BEng and it really pisses me off when everybody calls themselves a god damn engineer when they aren't

STOP AND DESIST NOW!!!!
      </rant>

Welome to the country, hope you have good luck finding a job

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco
        <rant>
        Do you have an engineering degree??? I suspect the answer is no in which case you are not a bloody engineer!!!

You are a tester / test analyst / test anythingbutengineer

just like a plumber is a fecking plumber not a "Drainage Engineer".

You need to go though 3 years of hell to get yourself a BEng and it really pisses me off when everybody calls themselves a god damn engineer when they aren't

STOP AND DESIST NOW!!!!
        </rant>

Welome to the country, hope you have good luck finding a job
        I do have a degree in Telecommunications and I agree with you. You just get used to your old job title. I am a test analyst who would like to become a "damn engineer"

Comment

Even the dustman are refuse processing technicians here.
          First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by _V_
            Even the dustman are refuse processing technicians here.
            Why do they refuse?

Comment

Hehehehe

your going to get on well here

http://www.wordreference.com/definition/refuse

Comment

Oooooo, sore spot.

3 years of hell, yeah that would be because you're got to spend 3 years with a bunch of boring fckuers with slighty less personality than a wet cabbage leave.

BTW I'm an engineer, of the networking variety. Didn't do a B.Eng though, but I figure my 15 years of actual work, paid for by businesses plus countless years of study none of which was funded by tax payers justifiers my job description ;-)
                Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by Dobra
                  I have a bathroom that needs re-modelling. I pay top dollar. £60 OK?
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
                    I have a bathroom that needs re-modelling. I pay top dollar. £60 OK?
                    I can only find you a model and £60 is good

Comment

Working...
                    X