• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Plan B for those too Lazy to make their own Plan B

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plan B for those too Lazy to make their own Plan B

I wonder what happens to all those billion dollar ideas that people are just too lazy to do anything with after someone has come up with them, or those who have an idea an zero technical skills to implement them (I fall into this category).

I guess if the market is there for an idea and you don't implement it, someone else will
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    I wonder what happens to all those billion dollar ideas that people are just too lazy to do anything with after someone has come up with them, or those who have an idea an zero technical skills to implement them (I fall into this category).

I guess if the market is there for an idea and you don't implement it, someone else will
    The slightly depressing thing I find about the internet is that whenever I think I have a bright idea, after a bit of googling I often find that someone else has sort of come up with something similar already.

But then again, the iPod wasn't the first portable MP3 player. So, success doesn't necessarily depend on being the first.

Comment

I thought about a website where you can post ideas about businesses for people who are too lazy to implement them, but I was too lazy to create it.

HTH BIDI

PS Most successful, profitable businesses have feck all to do with a new unthought of ideas, they are selling the same old crap to the same old people.

Comment

Dont they go to places like this to flog them/the rights to them: Welcome :: Product Design + Innovation Conference 2015

Joan Rivers did a TV show - how did you get so rich (its hilariously depressing warching ).

One episode showed a guy who brought a dummy to the US market, the dummy's with the smileys on - made a killing.

On the flip side a friends hubby bought a wine distribution company; totally underestimated the effort required and another who bought a City Golf venue for £40k that folded in a year.

Comment

Annoyingly this is true.

I have great ideas all the time and jot them down. Of the Plan B's I have done, they've all been successful to a certain level but not a billion dollar idea. Of the ones I haven't done, I've seen others do. We paid $20M for a company a while back and when I had to do an evaluation of the software it was identical to what I'd built a few years earlier as a contractor for a client and I had kept the IP as I knew it was a winner. Miffed to say the least.

In my present job, I now have the resources to carry a number out. Last quarter and this I came up with a new business process & analytics that made $3m in the first week, at present it's around $12.9m. I got an extra 10% on my bonus.

A process re-engineering project and new development I'm working on now will save around 400 man hours per month & speed up a process from one month to one day. No doubt this will get me an extra 5.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            Annoyingly this is true.

I have great ideas all the time and jot them down. Of the Plan B's I have done, they've all been successful to a certain level but not a billion dollar idea. Of the ones I haven't done, I've seen others do. We paid $20M for a company a while back and when I had to do an evaluation of the software it was identical to what I'd built a few years earlier as a contractor for a client and I had kept the IP as I knew it was a winner. Miffed to say the least.

In my present job, I now have the resources to carry a number out. Last quarter and this I came up with a new business process & analytics that made $3m in the first week, at present it's around $12.9m. I got an extra 10% on my bonus.

A process re-engineering project and new development I'm working on now will save around 400 man hours per month & speed up a process from one month to one day. No doubt this will get me an extra 5.
            CUK isn't a pitch to Suralan you know?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              CUK isn't a pitch to Suralan you know?

Why would I want to drop down to earning only 100k a year???
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                Annoyingly this is true.

See that's where you have gone wrong, should have aimed for 200 man hours saved in hte first iteration, got your bonus and then had another stab at it getting the full 400 and another bonus

After all you need all the help you can get with that huge mortgage to pay off
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Ideas are 10 a penny and pretty much worthless. If you are too lazy ( or incapable ) of turning the idea into reality then the likelihood is that you haven't actually got a good idea because you haven't thought it through deeply enough.

Its been 18 months since I turned my "Plan B" into a full-time "Plan A". The idea wasn't original and there were other implementations of "my idea" out there. But with a lot of hard work and some risk taking I've turned it into a viable business.

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
                    Ideas are 10 a penny and pretty much worthless. If you are too lazy ( or incapable ) of turning the idea into reality then the likelihood is that you haven't actually got a good idea because you haven't thought it through deeply enough.

Its been 18 months since I turned my "Plan B" into a full-time "Plan A". The idea wasn't original and there were other implementations of "my idea" out there. But with a lot of hard work and some risk taking I've turned it into a viable business.
                    ^ This

Comment

Working...
                    X