PDA

View Full Version : Professional forums went down the drain

sal
15th June 2015, 16:00
Is it just me or or did the professional forums go down the drain? Since I started my new roles 2 months ago I haven't got as much time to check on the CUK forums, but started to notice that there is hardly a single serious thread per day in the professional forums.

VectraMan
15th June 2015, 16:07
Have you asked your accountant?

northernladuk
15th June 2015, 16:16
Have you tried searching?

alphadog
15th June 2015, 16:34
Must be all the sockies

MarillionFan
15th June 2015, 16:44
Is it just me or or did the professional forums go down the drain? Since I started my new roles 2 months ago I haven't got as much time to check on the CUK forums, but started to notice that there is hardly a single serious thread per day in the professional forums.

They have been maintained under the poster known as 'The Northern Lad UK'. Because of that, any high brow posters, anyone with any skills or money have of course moved South (To General) where you are more likely to get a decent answer to a question or a 'Your mum' reply versus some out of date/vintage, 'Have you asked your....' meme that now exists in the Professional Forums.

cojak
15th June 2015, 17:22
You get out what you put in.

MarillionFan
15th June 2015, 17:26
You get out what you put in.

Not in the case of the Hatton Garden heist. :rolleyes:

eek
15th June 2015, 17:28
Wait to you join the IPSE and see the content of their professional forums.....

MarillionFan
15th June 2015, 17:31

I heard they just post referral codes everywhere around the internet. Worse than MoneySavingExpert.

mudskipper
15th June 2015, 17:35

You'd have to be pretty dedicated to fork out the cost of membership to create an IPSE sockie, so at least when you see a completely daft post, you know it is a real user!

mudskipper
15th June 2015, 17:35

It was ever thus.

EternalOptimist
15th June 2015, 17:46
I don't know so much about professional, but here in General I used to answer serious questions seriously.

But only for the first ten times, then it got a bit repetitive so I started taking the mick.
soz about that noobs, but you shouldn't be such newbie noobs.:frown

FatLazyContractor
15th June 2015, 19:26
You won't believe, I was thinking the same.

BrilloPad
15th June 2015, 19:39

It was bad enough 2 months ago....