PDA

View Full Version : Game of Thrones Finale (Spoiler alert)

NorthWestPerm2Contr
15th June 2015, 20:27
:eek:

(sorry should read Finale, Mod please correct, as am still in shock from the finally, I mean finale)

Gumbo Robot
15th June 2015, 23:12
Got a long time to recover. 2 years...

MyUserName
16th June 2015, 06:51
Yep, we finally got to see Cersei naked.

MarillionFan
16th June 2015, 06:57
They killed Kenny?

NotAllThere
16th June 2015, 07:31
Just read the first book. It was ok. I'll probably read the rest at some point. Not great, but good for holiday reading. In the books, you get to see everyone naked, if you want.

DaveB
16th June 2015, 07:38
They killed Kenny?

No, Tyrion is still alive.

MyUserName
16th June 2015, 08:04
Just read the first book. It was ok. I'll probably read the rest at some point. Not great, but good for holiday reading. In the books, you get to see everyone naked, if you want.

You have the graphic novel?

NotAllThere
19th June 2015, 09:38
You have the graphic novel?

No, just an imagination. :glasses

TheFaQQer
19th June 2015, 09:39
They killed Kenny?

No - he's the one person they didn't kill.

Next season they're going to start randomly killing the audience as well, as they've run out of characters.

GlenW
19th June 2015, 09:42
There has been a real dirth of doggy style sex in the last couple of series, I do hope this is going to change.

saptastic
19th June 2015, 09:52
Yep, we finally got to see Cersei naked.

Or did you? Sorry to shatter your dreams.

Game of Laughs: A body double was used for Ceresi's "walk of shame" (http://blog.gameoflaughs.com/2015/06/a-body-double-was-used-for-ceresis-walk.html)

Got to say an impressive finale.

MyUserName
19th June 2015, 10:34
No, just an imagination. :glasses

So you get to imagine them naked rather than see them naked? Most of us can do that but it is not really the same!

Or did you? Sorry to shatter your dreams.

Game of Laughs: A body double was used for Ceresi's "walk of shame"

Yeah, I read that after posting on here. My wife's friend noticed some of the things that didn't add up and googled it and then ruined my day.

GlenW
19th June 2015, 10:36
My wife's friend noticed some of the things that didn't add up
Like too many or too few breasts?

MyUserName
19th June 2015, 10:51

She claimed the 'cuffs didn't match the collar'.

CloudWalker
19th June 2015, 14:09
The only way they can fix GoT os for Jon Snow to come back as a White Walker, Kill all the Knights Watch with his dire wolf and have a final showdown with the Zombie Mountain guy.
Fan Art
http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--f2CnBQwJ--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636/mfzcecbcrani7rownpyy.png

TheFaQQer
19th June 2015, 15:34
The only way they can fix GoT os for Jon Snow to come back as a White Walker, Kill all the Knights Watch with his dire wolf and have a final showdown with the Zombie Mountain guy.
Fan Art
http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--f2CnBQwJ--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636/mfzcecbcrani7rownpyy.png

:spel Night's

MyUserName
19th June 2015, 15:36
Of the Red Witch could bring him back and he would now be free of his oath as he had served until death?

FatLazyContractor
19th June 2015, 15:36

Where? :smokin

Zero Liability
19th June 2015, 16:23
Of the Red Witch could bring him back and he would now be free of his oath as he had served until death?

Please no. :ind I thought we were finally rid of him. Anyway, I'd venture that Sansa will be the undying ghoul complete with legion of zombies, seeing as they didn't go with Lady Stoneheart.

She claimed the 'cuffs didn't match the collar'.

She'll be slapping those back on Jaime upon his return.

SpontaneousOrder
19th June 2015, 16:41
I've given up on it now.
I don't care if main characters get killed, but i've watched 5 seasons now and nothing has happened.
A plot thread starts - staggered among the others, you watch it for 2 years, and then everyone dies. The end.

I've not read the books, but the plot depth seem completely artificial to me. You can't create a facade of depth and then just kill everyone so you don't have to work out how it plays out and interacts with the other threads.

It's like going to the cinema and watching the first half of Armageddon - ooh look at my movie. Look at the tension in the audience. How is this going to be resolved - and then a benevelont Q from star trek just pops up out of nowhere and magics the asteroid into a pebble in a kids fish-bowl. World is saved. The end! A 5 year old could write that plot!

TheLordDave
20th June 2015, 12:04
I loved the books but really struggle to be interested in the show. I put it on and within 10 mins my attention has gone and I'm on the iPad. Every week it's the same.

Platypus
20th June 2015, 16:22
I can't figure out to quote a thread using my phone. However, wanted to say I agree with SO.

There have been several potentially very interesting plot lines which have just died, along with their characters. Jon Snow is a good example, because the book reveals that he's also a warg and probably the strongest among all the Stark children. That, his Wall story and the Ygritte story are simply red herrings now. The author has just wasted our time.

I can see the Bran arc going the same way.

Now that the writers are free from GRRM's storylines, maybe we'll see some improvements

The books just get longer each time and more tedious. I just finished the most recent one and won't be buying the next, if it's ever published.

Zero Liability
20th June 2015, 17:55
Apparently a lot of the more interesting stuff surrounding Lyssa and Catelyn Stark was also cut. The show isn't bad, but they've killed off nearly all the interesting characters. I also have little liking for the dude they got to replace Dario Naharis, he just isn't as good in the role.