• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What were you good at when you were younger ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What were you good at when you were younger ?

What were you good at when you were younger, but are now past it ? Something you were really proud of, but now you cant do any longer.

Not the age related stuff, like running the marathon or playing footie, but other skills or traits that have fallen into disrepair.

I used to be an ace calligrapher. Italic writing and illumination, but I did a birthday card recently, and to be honest. it was cr@p
    (\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

I used to be good at programming.

Now through a mixture of senility, alcohol and utter contempt for the industry I'm pretty useless these days.

But I'm 1000% better at bulltulipting and people skills, so boomed!

Comment

First in ART in my school year aged 12 and I made it on Tony Harts Gallery.

Those drawings are still probably better that all the architectural diagram sh!t I come up with these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Dallas View Post

Those drawings are still probably better that all the architectural diagram sh!t I come up with these days.
        Was he a peado?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          Was he a peado?
          Ask Morph and his mate. There was probably some plastacine fiddling going on inbetween takes ...

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            Was he a peado?
            sad but that was my first thought as well, would be nice if he weren't.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Dallas View Post

I made it on the play school gallery when I was 4! When there were only 2 channels!

I used to be good at triathlon.

Comment

Table tennis ! Was also half decent at footie but drugs, alcohol and dirty tarts put paid to that.
                When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Clay pigeon shooting, I once beat Jackie Stewart. Well, I got 10 out of the first 10 in a 100 bird competition, he only got 9. He did go on to get 98 and I got 93 but I was in the lead for a while.
                  I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

Boxing.

I was a tall lad with long reach, absolutely no temper, and could think.

Trouble is I had no interest in it at all so just stopped at about 13/14.....

Comment

Working...
                    X