• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Xbox One to run Xbox 360 games

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xbox One to run Xbox 360 games

Xbox One console to run old 360 games - BBC News

Emulation is key to Microsoft's Xbox backward compatibility story | ZDNet

Now I'm no avid gamer, but I do enjoy the odd session of GTA. As a traditional Xbox fan (still got the original for Xbmc/retro gaming machine, and vowed never to buy another Sony product after the "Install other OS" PS3 debacle..) I've not upgraded the 360 to the later console (only really play GTA V), but the above news could tempt me to make the jump.

The only slight thing that'd concern me is to my untrained eye, what looks like a very lacklustre list of initial games, like the contents of a Scope Charity Shop Reduced to £1 bin:

Xbox One Backward Compatibility | Xbox
    Originally posted by Nigel Farage MEP - 2016-06-24 04:00:00
    "I hope this victory brings down this failed project and leads us to a Europe of sovereign nation states, trading together, being friends together, cooperating together, and let's get rid of the flag, the anthem, Brussels, and all that has gone wrong."

Despite about 5000 attempts I've only once been able to get the xbox one to turn on by voice, the advert has done it twice.

Most of the really good games on the 360 have shut down the multiplayer servers, rainbow six 3, I was a trained cold blooded assassin at that.

Comment

One article said MS was in discussion with the software houses, possibly part of those discussions would be moving the gaming servers to the MS cloud.

Get the impression MS is trying to (get their Xbox 360 fans who've jumped to PS3 back on board || convince 360 owners who've not upgraded to Xbone, to upgrade).

Saying that I think my gold membership lapsed a few years ago so it wouldn't affect me.
      "I hope this victory brings down this failed project and leads us to a Europe of sovereign nation states, trading together, being friends together, cooperating together, and let's get rid of the flag, the anthem, Brussels, and all that has gone wrong."

Comment

will upset a few people that sold their games when they upgraded.

Never understood why they didn't do limited backward compatibility didn't they think that users would want the latest games?
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Well they were in a race to be first to market and get the hardware out, so couldn't really advertise backwards compatibility as a day 1 feature.

Think there's also a 'hearts and minds' thing to it too, after MS had to U-Turn at launch about only being able to rent games or whatever it was.

Comment

Working...
          X