• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BT Sport Warning - Downgrade To BT Sport Lite Or Get Auto Stung £5/Month From 1 Aug

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BT Sport Warning - Downgrade To BT Sport Lite Or Get Auto Stung £5/Month From 1 Aug

There may be a few dudes/esses on here like me, with BT Broadband.
    A 'freebie' of that deal is BT Sport thrown in which I very occasionally watch (almost never) .. however I've just received the following email

"This season BT Sport is the only place you'll be able to watch the UEFA Champions League and the UEFA Europa League live.
    Your BT Sport Pack
    If you do nothing, your BT Sport Pack will cost £5 a month from 1 August 2015.
    But you can get the BT Sport Pack for free by taking BT TV.

BT Sport Lite
    If you want to continue watching BT Sport for free without taking BT TV, you can downgrade to BT Sport Lite – our basic pack with access to BT Sport 1 only"

Sneeky, sneeky, £5 charge/month if you do nought or forget to opt out - Lineker needs paying !
    I've just downgraded to the 100% free BT Sport Lite - still gives premier league games if i want 'em, don't care for the rest.

Cheeky blighters - 'opt out to not get charged' rather than 'opt in to purchase'

Sneaky I agree.

You could have renewed your contract with them and kept it for free.

Comment

you could also use freesat or freeview and pay nothing

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
        you could also use freesat or freeview and pay nothing
        Except you can't get MotoGP on Freesat

Comment

Working...
        X