• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Abuse of Power

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Abuse of Power

Abuse of Power

Moderators, (NAT no doubt) changing the title of a thread to reflect their personal view.

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...s-again-2.html
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

I didn't realise we had religious thought police on here, I just thought they were typical deluded fools.
    Ah well, live and let live.
    I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
      Abuse of Power

Moderators, (NAT no doubt) changing the title of a thread to reflect their personal view.

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...s-again-2.html

Is this the one where NAT changed the title of your thread "Can anyone recommend some Swiss Chocolate?" to "Can anyone recommend interracial dogging sites so I can get some Swiss Chocolate?"
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Cancel your membership fee and ask for your money back?

Anyway, the mods have a daily lottery to decide which thread title today. Is it 11am they have the random user banning lottery?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Cancel your membership fee and ask for your money back?

Anyway, the mods have a daily lottery to decide which thread title today. Is it 11am they have the random user banning lottery?
          Is the lottery where they just drop Suity's name into hat and then see who they pull back out?

Comment

Aw diddums? Is poor little Paddy throwing a Paddy 'cos it's so unfair?

I think the idea that your subject title was inaccurate and possibly even misleading is not a "personal view" but entirely objective.

Do you not think the new title reflects that actual event rather better than one you came up with? Or do you really think that a white supremacist/racist bastard shooting a bunch of black people at a bible study in an historic church is actually a case of Christian on Christian violence?

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            Is the lottery where they just drop Suity's name into hat and then see who they pull back out?
            There's a few other names in the mix, just to add a bit of variety.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              Aw diddums? Is poor little Paddy throwing a Paddy 'cos it's so unfair?

I think the idea that your subject title was inaccurate and possibly even misleading is not a "personal view" but entirely objective.

Do you not think the new title reflects that actual event rather better than one you came up with? Or do you really think that a white supremacist/racist bastard shooting a bunch of black people at a bible study in an historic church is actually a case of Christian on Christian violence?

There's a few other names in the mix, just to add a bit of variety.
              So why not spend your time correcting all the titlea of threads in General as to reflect the contents?
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

So why not spend your time correcting all the titlea of threads in General as to reflect the contents?
                Because most of the threads would have the words 'another tulip thread' in the title.

Comment

So you agree the new title is more accurate?
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    So you agree the new title is more accurate?
                    No, I do not agree and your childish comments should be addressed to yourself.

Comment

Working...
                    X