• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Aren't footballers clever

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aren't footballers clever

Chelsea are playing in white tonight, against a team in Chelsea's normal colours. You'd think they would be passing to the opposition and kicking lumps out of their team-mates thinking they were Leeds.

Same for Man Utd last night.

Some academic has written a paper saying that Beckham is a genius. Something to do with fast calculation of space and time and all that sort of thing.

Comment

Originally posted by stackpole
      Some academic has written a paper saying that Beckham is a genius. Something to do with fast calculation of space and time and all that sort of thing.
      Apparently Einstien was a brilliant footballer as a lad. Yes, really (not made up for effect - he really was).

The opposition were a bit miffed when the ball vanished into an alternative dimension from time to time, but they soon got used to it.

The Ref was a Mister Heisenberg, who decided that you could be both off-side and on-side at the same instant, depending on how his cat was feeling.

Many happy Saturday afternoons!
      Last edited by bogeyman; 27 September 2006, 23:50.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Probably the opposite. Forget the details but read somewhere in the theory about why why there are so many left handed tennis stars that thought is actually an impediment to instinctive fast reaction. Maybe they should give a team lobotomies and see if the theory is sound.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Pavarrotti and the Pope were both pro goal keepers too. I bet Pavarotti would still be a great goalkeeper as he would fill most of the goal mouth.
          bloggoth

John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

and Albert Camus

And che Guevara (yes, really!)
            and julio iglesias, and wasn't henry kissinger a goalkeeper too?
            It's right what they say 'you have to be mad to be a goalkeeper'!
            Why not?

Comment

Apparently Neville Southall´s old goalkeeping coach told him

"To be a good goalkeeper, you need two qualities, you have to be daft and you have to be crackers, you have enough of those two qualities to take you into the national side"

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth
                Pavarrotti and the Pope were both pro goal keepers too. I bet Pavarotti would still be a great goalkeeper as he would fill most of the goal mouth.
                Do you mean the current pope?

I know the old deceased Polish pope was a goalie in his youth, but I wasn't aware of the German's pedigree as guardian of the onion bag.

Comment

Ah yes! you are right W - it was the last Pope. Silly me, I lose track of my popes.
                  bloggoth

Comment

http://www.philosophyfootball.com/
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                    X