• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Magpies on the Roof

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Magpies on the Roof

Every morning at daybreak they're up there pecking at the veluxes and scurrying across the tiles.

Driving me insane.

One of them even got inside the window so it was wedged between the blind and the glass before it fell out into the room and went mental.

Got the blind up and flipped the window over to let it out before I got lacerated.

Don't know what it is that attracts them to the windows. Had a similar thing with rooks throwing themselves against the kitchen window a few years ago & came to the conclusion that they could see their own reflections & didn't like it.

I'm sure they make good pies.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Robot View Post
      Every morning at daybreak they're up there pecking at the veluxes and scurrying across the tiles.

Driving me insane.

One of them even got inside the window so it was wedged between the blind and the glass before it fell out into the room and went mental.

Got the blind up and flipped the window over to let it out before I got lacerated.

Don't know what it is that attracts them to the windows. Had a similar thing with rooks throwing themselves against the kitchen window a few years ago & came to the conclusion that they could see their own reflections & didn't like it.
      Magpies like socks
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I was in my neighbour's conservatory the other day and they were fighting on the roof, it sounded like a B52 strike on an Iraqi village.

Comment

Get a cat.

Comment

I had 3 cats having a gangland war on my house roof the other night. Christ knows how they got up there.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
              Pointless.

Magpies & other corvids, specifically in general, laugh at cats.
              as do squirrels
              I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
              CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
              CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                Pointless.

Magpies & other corvids, specifically in general, laugh at cats.
                Originally posted by Pogle View Post
                as do squirrels
                You need a killer then! Cat#1 makes short works of squirrels and any small birds. Seagulls are beyond it. But magpies and pigeons are no issue.

Comment

Working...
                X