• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Some feggin sense, at last!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some feggin sense, at last!

Dozy arsed lane hogger gets points and a fine...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...ddle-lane.html

Now please repeat on the M1 and M25.

Preferably hundreds of times a day.

If they can't drive, they shouldn't be on the roads...

well it's about time...

do you think they will ever do anything about the hypermileing tw@s that do 53 in the inside lane causing all the lorries etc. to have to pull out to over take them causing absolute fookin chaos for miles behind them?

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      well it's about time...

do you think they will ever do anything about the hypermileing tw@s that do 53 in the inside lane causing all the lorries etc. to have to pull out to over take them causing absolute fookin chaos for miles behind them?
      Minimum speed limit needed.

Comment

I wonder how many people are prosecuted for overtaking middle laners on the left?
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

flaming lorries playing leapfrog all the time turns a 3 lane highway into a 2 lane one.

about time they limited it to a max overtake distance say 1/2 a mile.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Rubberneckers to be fined too

Linky
            Growing old is mandatory
            Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post

Linky
              well on the bike I reckon I see about a third of under 50's drivers are on their mobiles holding them in traffic jams etc.

its about time the Police started doing people for being on a mobile.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

On the M1 junctions 14 down to 9, lorries dominate. For some reason, many of them will not use the inside lane (hard shoulder becomes lane 1 in rush hour, and speed limit becomes 60). So they occupy lanes 2 and 3, while cars squeeze past on either side, legally/illegally.

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post

Linky
                  They should prosecute those taking pictures.

But imagine you are driving past at usual speed. You turn to take a quick look. Then get caught. Is that fair?

Of course if you slow down or even stop then you should be fined. But when does a "quick glance" become a "long glance" and turn into an offence?

Police would need video, not just pictures, to prove anything.

Comment

I just undertake middle lane hoggers to make a point, they either (a) realise the error of their ways and return to the inside lane; or (b) are too stupid to realise what they are doing and remain there in their own world.

HGV's should be banned from lanes 2 and 3 except to overtake exceptionally slow vehicles. It pisses me off when one is slipstreaming another, pulls out to overtake, does do at about V+0.5mph and so causes a rolling road block for about 3 miles.
                    Originally posted by Nigel Farage MEP - 2016-06-24 04:00:00
                    "I hope this victory brings down this failed project and leads us to a Europe of sovereign nation states, trading together, being friends together, cooperating together, and let's get rid of the flag, the anthem, Brussels, and all that has gone wrong."

Comment

Working...
                    X