• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best Cheap Grub ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Cheap Grub ?

Just had my first breakfast in Toby Carvery. They do breakfasts ?!
    Impressed, quite busy.

£3.99 + £1.99 - unlimited food, unlimited coffee. All self service, constantly replenished. Meat and vegy options.
    Pay money at bar, get mug + cutlery handed over in return, find seat on own, help yourself as/when/as many times as like, leave when like - similar to Holiday Inn but more choice and no initial "Tea of Coffee" sir.
    No waiting, no messing around, no "bill please".

Eaten lots. Probably full for the day now !
    Revelation was real filter coffee .. after years of overpriced Cappuccinos/lattes in Starbucks/Costa/Nero etc the taste was so refreshing.

Any other 'low priced, get stuffed for day' eateries to recommend ?

Originally posted by SunnyInHades View Post
    Any other 'low priced, get stuffed for day' eateries to recommend ?
    Harvester pubs are quite good for that, "Free Salad" but that includes all sorts; pasta, garlic bread, dressings etc. You can almost fill up before your main meal arrives if you don't save enough room.

Or Wetherspoons. Brunch Burger £6.99, includes any pint which can include real ale or cider (the good stuff in the boxes in the fridges).
    Originally posted by Nigel Farage MEP - 2016-06-24 04:00:00
    "I hope this victory brings down this failed project and leads us to a Europe of sovereign nation states, trading together, being friends together, cooperating together, and let's get rid of the flag, the anthem, Brussels, and all that has gone wrong."

Comment

Harvester do brek too. Not buffet but order what you like i.e. 5 sausages, 5 bacon, 5 eggs etc.
      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Best Cheap Grub ? has to be a McMuffin

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
          order what you like i.e. 5 sausages, 5 bacon, 5 eggs etc.
          one day at a time

Comment

In Borehamwood, the Studio Cafe on Eltsree Way charges about £6.50 for many Italian meals. Some of the best lunchtime grub I have eaten anywhere. Quality is top.

Comment

Working...
            X