• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Beware the skinny jeans!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beware the skinny jeans!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-33223045

Not the most sensible wear for moving house.

For dear old Freako, this relates to an unfortunate lady who suffered damage to the nerves & muscles in her legs following prolonged squatting whilst packing stuff for a house move.

She had to be cut out of the jeans when her legs swelled.

Don't try this at home.

A 35-year-old woman had to be cut out of a pair after her calves ballooned in size, the medics said in the Journal of Neurology, Neurosurgery and Psychiatry.

She had spent hours squatting to empty cupboards for a house move in Australia. By evening, her feet were numb and she found it hard to walk.

Doctors believe the woman developed a condition called compartment syndrome, made worse by her skinny jeans.

Compartment syndrome is a painful and potentially serious condition caused by bleeding or swelling within an enclosed bundle of muscles - in this case, the calves.

The condition caused the woman to trip and fall and, unable to get up, she then spent several hours lying on the ground.

On examination at the Royal Adelaide Hospital, her lower legs were severely swollen.

Although her feet were warm and had enough blood supplying them, her muscles were weak and she had lost some feeling.

As the pressure had built in her lower legs, her muscles and nerves became damaged.

She was put on an intravenous drip and after four days was able to walk unaided.
    Last edited by zeitghost; 8 June 2017, 12:10.

New warning that skinny jeans can make you look ridiculous

Comment

I'm guessing for a lot of you here all jeans are tight.
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

I fookin hate hipsters with a passion - completely irrational mind you

do you think they wear their ironic glasses cos they think they are an apple product?

fookin tw@s

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
          I'm guessing for a lot of you here all jeans are tight.
          I have a pair of MF's cast-offs. We can have a CUK meet up in them.

Comment

Working...
          X