• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Scientist priests stating the obvious while taking our money - again

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scientist priests stating the obvious while taking our money - again

'Urgent' need to boost spoken Welsh, Dr Sion Aled Owen says - BBC News

After getting grant money through Bangor University, Dr Owen said he will spend about 18 months carrying out his research.

Dr Owen, a prominent campaigner for the Welsh language during the bilingual sign protests of the 1970s, added: "Ultimately, if the Welsh language is only seen as an added qualification, which of course it is, if it is only seen as that and not as something important in life then children, especially those whose first language is English, will quite naturally revert to their first language."

This sort of project is where austerity needs to fall. And the first language in not English - it is American. Its spoken globally which helps. Removing Welsh as a language would save the country billions.

BBC News - E-mail error ends up on road sign
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      'Urgent' need to boost spoken Welsh, Dr Sion Aled Owen says - BBC News

After getting grant money through Bangor University, Dr Owen said he will spend about 18 months carrying out his research.

Dr Owen, a prominent campaigner for the Welsh language during the bilingual sign protests of the 1970s, added: "Ultimately, if the Welsh language is only seen as an added qualification, which of course it is, if it is only seen as that and not as something important in life then children, especially those whose first language is English, will quite naturally revert to their first language."

This sort of project is where austerity needs to fall. And the first language in not English - it is American. Its spoken globally which helps. Removing Welsh as a language would save the country billions.
      I'm going to assume you are either trolling, or this is going in your application for Leader Writer on the Daily Mail.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

"They're circulating among Welsh speakers because, unfortunately, it's all too common that things are not just badly translated, but are put together by people who have no idea about the language.
        "It's good to see people trying to translate, but they should really ask for expert help.
        "Everything these days seems to be written first in English and then translated.
        "Ideally, they should be written separately in both languages."
        for flips sake.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
          I'm going to assume you are either trolling, or this is going in your application for Leader Writer on the Daily Mail.

I have to live in ****ing Wales! Full of racists.

The UK still spends more money than it earns. Something needs to change.

Comment

I assume he is pushing to learn Welsh so he can read the NextExMrsBP's divorce papers
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

It does, but the Welsh language support doesnt costs us Billions (unless you add it up over about 20 years).

And what have "Scientist Priests" got to do with anything? No science involved here as far as I can see. The guy involved has a Ph.D in Theology. He's neither a priest nor a scientist, he's a politician and part time poet. This is a academic study on social and language issues. The closest it gets to science is that there may be some maths involved at some point.

You don't like the Welsh, we get it. They probably don't like you either.
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

It does, but the Welsh language support doesnt costs us Billions (unless you add it up over about 20 years).

And what have "Scientist Priests" got to do with anything? No science involved here as far as I can see. The guy involved has a Ph.D in Theology. He's neither a priest nor a scientist, he's a politician and part time poet. This is a academic study on social and language issues. The closest it gets to science is that there may be some maths involved at some point.

You don't like the Welsh, we get it. They probably don't like you either.
                He is costing money that could be better spent elsewhere. He is stating the obvious. The UK is falling being Asian countries - it badly needs to catch up.

FWIW I think the idea of a second language is superb. How about Mandarin? That would get the Chinese into Wales and really annoy the English. However the Welsh, like the Scots, just like to whine, moan and bitch.

Comment

Be nice Brillo, you know you love the Welsh language really. Ultimately if you want to save some money don't provide forms in other languages other than those native to the UK and don't provide translators either.
                  In Scooter we trust

Comment

However the Welsh, like the Scots, and BP, just like to whine, moan and bitch.
                    ftfy

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                    X