• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Killer on the beach

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Killer on the beach

Am I the only one who thinks this photo is a bit strange.
    Why are these guys openly following him?
    Why do they think they are safe?
    Do they already know they are not the targets?

Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Who's that AA Gill gadge?

one day at a time

Comment

Whoever took that photo was quite silly. Personally I would have turned and run.

Or maybe I would have asked if he would pose with the kids for a picture. I bet the papers would pay a lot for that.

Comment

I agree with OP. When I saw the picture my first thoughts were why the people in the background were just hanging around ... however maybe he hadn't started firing.

Comment

Because before the bullets fly people don't understand or appreciate the threat. It is so surreal seeing a bloke on the beach with a machine gun your instinct is to say WTF and just stare.
          http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
            Because before the bullets fly people don't understand or appreciate the threat. It is so surreal seeing a bloke on the beach with a machine gun your instinct is to say WTF and just stare.
            Might I ask just how often you have experienced that particular phenomenon??
            “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Maybe they are trying to warn people ahead of the killer that he is on his way
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                Might I ask just how often you have experienced that particular phenomenon??
                Makes sense. You see a guy slowly walking with a machine gun on a beach, you're going to look, stare & keep your distance. You're not likely to leg it, until he does something (or doesn't). You may even be tempted to go up and talk to him.

Happened to me once. Makes you stop and think when someone points a machine gun at you. No-one got killed.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

they were doing a good thing apparently

Tunisia tourists reveal hotel workers formed 'human shield' | Daily Mail Online

'You must kill us first, but we're Muslim': Tourist reveals how hotel workers formed 'human shield' to stop gun maniac shooting more dead as Britons tell how they played dead to survive
                  Tunisian hotel staff formed human shield in heroic move to save tourists
                  The Muslim staff members told the terrorist: 'You must kill us first'
                  Many have spoken of playing dead in a bid to avoid the gunman's attention
                  Angela Evans told how she played dead as he was 'inches' away from her
                  He was so close she heard him reloading as she lay motionless in the sand
                  Cheryl Mellor, from Cornwall, also played dead after her husband was shot
                  brave people & poor sods.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    Makes sense. You see a guy slowly walking with a machine gun on a beach, you're going to look, stare & keep your distance. You're not likely to leg it, until he does something (or doesn't). You may even be tempted to go up and talk to him.

Happened to me once. Makes you stop and think when someone points a machine gun at you. No-one got killed.
                    Keeping your distance hardly seems compatible with going up and talking to him though does it? You haven't really thought this through have you?

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                    X