• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

And where was Shep when he was needed?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And where was Shep when he was needed?

Poor old sod:

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/john-noake...4.html#g8c9MfQ

For dear old Freako, this relates to John Noakes, of Blue Peter fame, being found in a storm drain, having wandered away from home.

Sad.

Former Blue Peter presenter John Noakes has been found in a storm drain near his Majorca home several hours after going missing.

The 81-year-old was taken to hospital but is in a stable condition, according to a post on the Facebook page of the town of Andratx, which had earlier put out an appeal for people to be on the look out for him.

Police began searching for Mr Noakes after his concerned wife Vicky appealed for information which could lead to his whereabouts.

She was particularly worried for her husband's wellbeing as he suffers from Alzheimer's disease and today is the hottest day of the year on the island.

"They are taking him by helicopter to the main hospital in Palma. He has been out in the sun for at least eight hours so I guess he is probably dehydrated," she said on her way to meet him after he was spotted in the overgrown culvert by a police helicopter.

"I knew it couldn't be far because he wouldn't have been able to walk that far.

"I would like to say that the emergency services have been really excellent and pulled out all the stops, and they were greatly helped by our friends and local people."

A police officer said: "He was found to have a weak heartbeat and was dehydrated. It has been very hot day here, with temperatures of around 36C.

"Emergency services took him to Son Espases hospital in Palma and he is expected to recover."

Mr Noakes is best known for fronting the children's programme Blue Peter, where he holds the record for the longest serving presenter.

His attempts to keep the show's excitable pet dog Shep under control led to his memorable catchphrase "Get down, Shep!"
    RIP.
    Last edited by zeitghost; 8 June 2017, 12:33.

Poor old chap.

I knew a mountain guide type chap who worked on a Blue Peter set when they were round my way looking for a rare white stag that had been seen.

After a days filming they never spotted it so Noakes pissed off back down to London after leaving a quick "oh look, there it is, isn't it beautiful" on tape.

After a week of romping over North Arran the film crew and guide eventually spotted it and got about 10 seconds film, they had probably lost limbs by that point to the midges.

Of course by the time it went out on air the tape and film had been married up. The guide said the film crew completely detested the fooker.

Comment

Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
      X