• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

That third runway

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That third runway

What's it all about ?

Are there any limp wristed, shandy drinking, southern gaylords who could give me a quick précis on whats it all abahhht
    (\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    What's it all about ?

Are there any limp wristed, shandy drinking, southern gaylords who could give me a quick précis on whats it all abahhht
    The locals don't want it at Heathrow as its an insane location. The owners of heathrow (now no longer the owners of gatwick) want it at heathrow...

Personally it should be at Boris Island with Heathrow used to provide space to expand London (links are already in place) you just need to add tower blocks...
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      The locals don't want it at Heathrow as its an insane location. The owners of heathrow (now no longer the owners of gatwick) want it at heathrow...

Personally it should be at Boris Island with Heathrow used to provide space to expand London (links are already in place) you just need to add tower blocks...
      And immigrants.

Comment

It seems daft that there are three small airpoirts for London (4 if you include London Luton), when one hub which is specifically built of the purpose would be better, yes it would be expensive, but no more than HS2.

Its impressive what LHR can do with 2 runways, 73m passangers a year (third busiest) when most of the others in the top 5 have 4/5 runways already
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
          It seems daft that there are three small airpoirts for London (4 if you include London Luton),
          5 if you include London Oxford Airport.

Surely the people of West London get no sleep anyway, or at least have learned to sleep through the noise/have gone deaf. So why does it matter if there's a third runway?
          Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Heathrow needs more capacity to get new flights to John Lennon Airport.

HTH

Comment

Hopefully this won't be needed now and will help save the planet is some small way. The recent increase in global terrorists will no doubt decrease demand further. I've already committed to not fly again (mainly for green reasons) or go overseas (I rather not risk been captured and taken hostage somewhere).

Better to explore the beauty on your own doorstep.

one day at a time

Comment

I think the third runway should be exclusively for us rich contractors who use private flights.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                  Surely the people of West London get no sleep anyway, or at least have learned to sleep through the noise/have gone deaf. So why does it matter if there's a third runway?
                  It's true, you do get used to the planes. However it will also bring hundreds of thousands of new people closer to a flight path.

Perhaps the worst thing of all though is all those planes flying directly over the city. Who in their right mind, with terrorists looking to blow the infidels to pieces, would put more planes over a population centre?

I'm amazed it hasn't happened already. One man, with a SAM on his shoulder, as a fully loaded 747 takes off to the East, could wipe out thousands.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck View Post
                    It's true, you do get used to the planes. However it will also bring hundreds of thousands of new people closer to a flight path.

Perhaps the worst thing of all though is all those planes flying directly over the city. Who in their right mind, with terrorists looking to blow the infidels to pieces, would put more planes over a population centre?

I'm amazed it hasn't happened already. One man, with a SAM on his shoulder, as a fully loaded 747 takes off to the East, could wipe out thousands.
                    they tried it a couple of years ago

agree its madness.

they should build a properly designed HUB airport somewhere sensible.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                    X