• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The next tax problem - PENSIONS

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The next tax problem - PENSIONS

HMRC cuts thousands of overseas schemes from recognised list - Citywire

The above link is a minor part of what I think is the next big tax scandal.

Osbourne and crew announced and implemented pensions reform.

The story is that people should have choice. The reality is that this is a tax raid on pension pots.

In very broad terms you can withdraw 25% of your pension pot with no tax effect. more than that and you pay tax at your marginal rate.

No surprise that a lot of the vultures have moved in promising all the cash you want for no tax at all. One such scheme in which a well known character to contractors was involved has already been struck down leaving victims to meet high tax bills.

So here's the pitch.

If you're looking at your pension fund and want the cash for any reason (APN?) anything over 25% of the pot is TAXABLE.

If somebody says it's not, they're probably being less than honest.

DON'T GET SUCKED INTO SCHEMES HERE AS HMRC WILL PURSUE.

(No I don't have any expertise in pensions or their taxation and am not looking for work here - too complicated)
    Last edited by webberg; 1 July 2015, 14:50. Reason: disclaimer
    Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Working...
X