• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Budget : new BTL tax subsidies?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Budget : new BTL tax subsidies?

Buy-to-let could pose a threat to UK economy, warns Bank of England - Telegraph

We can't let BTL go to the wall. The economy would collapse....

It won't collapse, there will just be years and years of bail out negotiations with Germany.
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Conservative line of thinking

Shelter is a basic human right. Therefore BTL landlords are like charities tending to the needs of the unfortunate. In this respect they are like charities. Therefore all gains from BTL should receive gift aid tax boost.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        Shelter is a basic human right. Therefore BTL landlords are like charities tending to the needs of the unfortunate. In this respect they are like charities. Therefore all gains from BTL should receive gift aid tax boost.

What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

BTL mortgage payments should be excluded as expenses...

Extend the right to buy policy to private property tenants (based on the original purchase price with RPI inflation rates).

merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I suppose you want to be Sir DimPrawn for your charity work?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              I'm looking to become a Tory peer.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                Extend the right to buy policy to private property tenants (based on the original purchase price with RPI inflation rates).

I agree with Nick, err, Eek.

Except let tenants buy at the market value on the date they moved in.
                Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  Dame Dim shurely?
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                    I agree with Nick, err, Eek.

Except let tenants buy at the market value on the date they moved in.
                    dump right to buy completely unless the cost of running the property exceeds its value as social housing.

Reserve social housing for those in need (means test those in council houses).

Build more housing to exceed the demand.

Reduce demand by reducing immigration.

Council tax on foreign owned properties to soar.

diversify from London & SE.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                    X