• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh dear: House prices for London and South East

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh dear: House prices for London and South East

After hearing all the doomsters predicting an imminent property crash I was surprised to read that London and parts of the south east will see a 30-40% rise over the next 5 years. The best rises will be in the areas in east London and to the east of the capital, perhaps in part due to the Olympics but mainly due to hard working immigrant folk colonising the poorer areas where property is still "affordable" (like Barking and Dagenham) while "white flight" takes others outside the M25.

The best website is http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/ - a load of idiots praying for a crash so they can move out of rented. If they had half a brain they'd realise that the very same economic conditions they are praying for would most likely lead to them becoming unemployed and unable to buy a house even at greatly depressed prices. Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face.
    Meanwhile astute investors who had been sitting on the sidelines would just buy yet more property and the ratio of owners to renters would decrease even further.

Originally posted by GreenerGrass
    After hearing all the doomsters predicting an imminent property crash I was surprised to read that London and parts of the south east will see a 30-40% rise over the next 5 years. The best rises will be in the areas in east London and to the east of the capital, perhaps in part due to the Olympics but mainly due to hard working immigrant folk colonising the poorer areas where property is still "affordable" (like Barking and Dagenham) while "white flight" takes others outside the M25.

I'm obviously not going to question these 'facts'. Fantastic, buy, buy,buy.

PS Do they also know which Stocks to buy?

and what happened to Lord Lucan?

Comment

Originally posted by GreenerGrass
      Meanwhile astute investors who had been sitting on the sidelines would just buy yet more property and the ratio of owners to renters would decrease even further.

PS I'm taking up a collection for Atw's leccy meter in his bedsit. He needs an endless supply of 50p pieces.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Jesus
        and what happened to Lord Lucan?
        I don't know, you're the one whose Dad is omnipresent and can see where everyone is and what they are up to (even in the privacy of their toilet)

Comment

I'm not allowed to use my powers for financial gain.

But, house prices won't rise forever. I'll give you that one for free.

Comment

Here's a bargain http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetai...a_n=1&tr_t=buy

Anyone interested?
            First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Working...
            X