• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Whirling Dervishes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whirling Dervishes

My nephew wants to see a whirling dervish.

Anyone know anywhere I can get to see one in action without going anywhere where I'm likely to get decapitated with a blunt knife?

Originally posted by Gumbo Robot View Post
    My nephew wants to see a whirling dervish.

Anyone know anywhere I can get to see one in action without going anywhere where I'm likely to get decapitated with a blunt knife?
    Luton??

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
      Luton??

I said without going anywhere where I'm likely to get decapitated with a blunt knife.

Wish he was a normal kid then I could have taken him to Diggerland or Gnome World

Comment

Istanbul.... The cafe between the Blue Mosque and the mosaic museum have them every night.

Should also add that while Istanbul probably isn't as safe as it was 5 years ago its still safer than London in the 70's...

I will add that its the eek jrs favourite city... People are helpful, always polite and do like children... http://miniaturk.com.tr/homepage/ and the Balisca cisterns is also great...
        Last edited by eek; 2 July 2015, 15:03.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Robot View Post
          I said without going anywhere where I'm likely to get decapitated with a blunt knife.

Wish he was a normal kid then I could have taken him to Diggerland or Gnome World
          You could always give Suity a ring and get him to ride shotgun!!
          “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

YouTube
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
              YouTube
              Or Indiana Jones

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3I_Ds2ytz4o
              Last edited by tractor; 2 July 2015, 15:42.

Comment

Try asking here: https://www.facebook.com/LondonTurkishCommunity
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  Istanbul.... The cafe between the Blue Mosque and the mosaic museum have them every night.

Should also add that while Istanbul probably isn't as safe as it was 5 years ago its still safer than London in the 70's...

I will add that its the eek jrs favourite city... People are helpful, always polite and do like children... M and the Balisca cisterns is also great...
                  Yeah, must go some time. Perhaps I have the perfect excuse. Can't imagine my sister in law trusting me with little Tarquin on a trip to Turkey though.

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                  I thought they were from Sudan?

Edit: nope. From Turkey originally
                  Last edited by Gumbo Robot; 2 July 2015, 21:16.

Comment

Working...
                  X