• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Are the terrorists winning?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are the terrorists winning?

For example: Independence Day event at UK military base cancelled over security fears | UK news | The Guardian

Although they say:

“We cancelled our picnic – we haven’t cancelled a single combat sortie. We haven’t taken our foot off the throat of the enemy – none of that has changed.

“So if the terrorists consider us cancelling a picnic as a victory, I think they should readdress their calculus.”
    Well it is some kind of victory isn't it otherwise you wouldn't have cancelled it? Its ruined a day out for many people so although a hollow victory its still causing a problem. Instead of politicians having crisis meeting after crisis meeting, ******* do something...or are they still trotting out that the pen (in this case words written down) is mightier than the sword?
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

What are they trying to "win"? What does "win" mean to them?

They are certainly causing disruption but that does not equate to them winning.

Comment

The terrorists want to destabilise governments - not spoil tea parties.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Not sure which terrorist you mean the ones that have drones and kill civilians

https://www.thebureauinvestigates.co...drones-graphs/

Or the ones that don't have drones and kill civilians

Comment

Killing civilians isn't, per se, terrorism. I believe the term is "collateral damage". It's all to do with intent. That's why Hamas put kids in harms way, so that gullible/anti-semitic fools can believe that Israel targets civilians and so can call it terrorism.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            Killing civilians isn't, per se, terrorism. I believe the term is "collateral damage". It's all to do with intent. That's why Hamas put kids in harms way, so that gullible/anti-semitic fools can believe that Israel targets civilians and so can call it terrorism.
            Yeah this in a nutshell - every terrorist regime headed by a Looney toons dictator has surrounded themselves with innocent women and kids to make them a harder target.

Whilst simultaneously launching indiscriminate terror attacks against innocent women and kids to try and prove what super powers they are.

The bleeding heart liberals who trot this bull out about Western forces should be shipped to Syria and left there - soon see the reality of life they would.

Comment

Take off & nuke the site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure
              Sure you've said that before Z, when was it? One of those tedious royal births I expect.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                Yoda you are?

Or Welsh you are?
                maybe both?

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                  Yoda you are?

Or Welsh you are?
                  There's tidy!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Well they are well funded and protected by UK and EU law, so yes, they are winning.

Hani al-Sibai who inspired Tunisia gunman lives in West London home | Daily Mail Online

Comment

Working...
                    X