• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Last minute day off...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last minute day off...

I've just been offered a pair of tickets to a popular sporting event tomorrow which I have of course accepted. Ordinarily I would've told ClientCo a few days in advance, and I'm sure they would have been fine with it, but this is all very last minute. So do I tell them I'm unwell, come clean or just give a vague "I won't be providing my services today".

What would CUK do?

Unwell or simply not providing services today (if they ask for a reason use family emergency or something vague).

Not "I won't be working as I'm off to a jolly, followed by a celebrity filled pissup. Fun trumps your boring work environment, sorry."

Comment

Originally posted by peche View Post
      I've just been offered a pair of tickets to a popular sporting event tomorrow which I have of course accepted. Ordinarily I would've told ClientCo a few days in advance, and I'm sure they would have been fine with it, but this is all very last minute. So do I tell them I'm unwell, come clean or just give a vague "I won't be providing my services today".

What would CUK do?
      Be honest. Got offered 2 tickets to Wimbledon at the last minute so I'm won't be in today.

Except for jealously most people will accept the circumstances
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

If you throw a sickie and get spotted sitting among the spectators on Centre Court, you might find that your client will be a tad unhappy.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          If you throw a sickie and get spotted sitting among the spectators on Centre Court, you might find that your client will be a tad unhappy.
          Absolutely this ^

Be honest and tell them you've got tickets for Wimbledon and that you are not available for the day.

Your bigger worry should be about the wife spotting you with the mistress on centre court

Comment

Then hope anyone involved in the hiring/firing process isn't a green eyed

Comment

Honesty is the best policy, IMO. So I'm glad you all (mostly) agree!

PS - The Mrs will be at work so no way she'll see anything

Comment

Don't do it, unless your a die hard fan, you sit in 30c temp, no beer to drink inside, and it's really is tulip, unless your impressing your mistress give them to client boss

Comment

Originally posted by tarbera View Post
                  Don't do it, unless your a die hard fan, you sit in 30c temp, no beer to drink inside, and it's really is tulip, unless your impressing your mistress give them to client boss
                  Some people actually like tennis just like some people like golf.....
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    Some people actually like tennis just like some people like golf.....
                    No fecking way, what really ?

I can watch tennis sat in the champagne bar in canary wharf at Canada square that is fun, but you can move about rather than been trapped watching mixed doubles or ugly woman with big pants

Comment

Working...
                    X