• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Testimonies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Testimonies

We want to add a section on dotas-scandal.org with testimonies of normal people (the « non high net worth » type - I assume the overwhelming majority of us on here) caught in this charade.

One of the concepts of BIG GROUP is to present an alternative technical analysis to HMRC’s.
    The idea here is to present an alternative narrative to what HMRC has been force-feeding the public over the past two years.

What we are after is write-ups from individuals explaining how having an APN (or multiple APNs) or being targeted for an APN affects them (and family) personally. The immediate financial consequences, the consequences on their ability to plan for the future, the uncertainty of it all, the stress it causes, etc. We did that in a speculative manner last year when writing to MPs, now that this is all hitting in earnest, we can talk about the REAL, PRESENT impact on our lives – personal and professional.

Also, why you got into a DOTAS structure in the first place, if relevant. Did you move from Ltd. Co to DOTAS structure on the advice on an accountant re IR35 ? etc.

Finally, how the actual handling by HMRC of the APN regime has caused or is causing you distress. Did HMRC send you a APN with a completely wrong amount? A reminder with an amount different from the APN ? did they send unwarranted threat letters ? etc.

Testimonies will be anonymized, and a secondary objective of all this is to make those testimonies part of a press kit for a media campaign.

Please direct yours to info AT dotas dash scandal dot org if you are ready to participate.

Thanks
    Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Bump

Comment

On weekend mate

Comment

I will be providing one over the weekend too.
        STRENGTH - "A river cuts through rock not because of its power, but its persistence"

Comment

I'll also provide one at the weekend. We should all be able to contribute to this so come on guys. Everyone has a story to tell but if we keep quiet then it's no use.

Comment

Also have my follow up letter to MP drafted to send and request a follow up, once I have all the final figures to hand !!
            STRENGTH - "A river cuts through rock not because of its power, but its persistence"

Comment

Originally posted by DotasScandal View Post
              Bump
              I'd like to try and get something written up too - I can lift some of it from the first letter to my MP, which incidentally he completely ignored! Unfortunately, I'm struggling for free time at the moment, but if not this weekend then sometime next week might be a possibility.

Comment

Would be great, guys. We may have a window of opportunity for some media time, so having some authentic and varied reports from the ground would be a big advantage. You don't need to make it War & Peace long, short and to the point is best.

Comment

Working...
                X