• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Restriction of trade?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Restriction of trade?

Top Gear: Jeremy Clarkson 'can't front ITV motoring show' due to BBC contract clause - News - TV & Radio - The Independent
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Did they opt out?
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
      Did they opt out?
      I know technically he he wasn't sacked etc, but I wonder if contract clauses like this are still in effect if a contract is terminated
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Did they sign his last time sheet though?

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
          I know technically he he wasn't sacked etc, but I wonder if contract clauses like this are still in effect if a contract is terminated
          It wasn't terminated was it? It just wasn't renewed AFAIK.

Comment

IIRC he sold his share of the rights to the BBC and there was probably a non compete clause in the sale agreement. This is not the same as employment restrictions/restraint of trade.

He sold his rights for moolah voluntarily so I am guessing it is quite correct and not restraint.

Comment

money talks

I guess it depends if he can afford being sued by the BBC.

Also Considering the BBC is cash strapped, they may welcome a financial agreement.

I was a fan of Top Gear and even signed the petition to get Clarkson back.

Personally I hope they go to Netflix, (No adverts).

Comment

Working...
              X