• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Another Rich person will be found innocent due to having rich lawyers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Rich person will be found innocent due to having rich lawyers

Hayes says he offered to plead guilty to avoid US extradition - Telegraph

The judge in the Libor trial told jurors that Mr Hayes has been diagnosed with Asperger’s syndrome, which means he tends to only see the world in black and white

Lucky he stole so much money he can afford good lawyers and good doctors.

You seem to imply that the rich can buy justice.....

I mean how can you say that - when Bernie Ecclestone was done for taking and giving bribes.

He was bought to justice and clearly it worked as he was allowed to go for an out of court settlement.

SO he did not bribe anyone he just bought his way out of trouble,

See that's perfectly fair.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Asperger’s syndrome, which means he tends to only see the world in black and white.
      I think I have that, only in the office I am described as 'Terse' and make people cry, so if this chap gets away with it I should orchestrate something and get away with it?

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
        You seem to imply that the rich can buy justice.....
        Well if the poor can't get decent representation or can't afford to go to go to court to get the justice they deserve you could argue that implication is true.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dallas View Post
          I think I have that, only in the office I am described as 'Terse' and make people cry, so if this chap gets away with it I should orchestrate something and get away with it?
          If this chap gets away with it I think you should go and "talk" to him! Be as terse as you like....

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            Well if the poor can't get decent representation or can't afford to go to go to court to get the justice they deserve you could argue that implication is true.
            Wait until its all privatised

Legal aid cuts: solicitors and probation officers begin mass walkouts | Law | The Guardian

BT set to win contract to collect court fines, in damaging privatisation deal | Speak Up For Justice
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Oh dear, more PPPs.

Comment

Originally posted by Dallas View Post
                If you work in IT, just look around the office.

Probably a double digit percentage of those around you will likely be on the fringes of the HFA (High Functioning Autism) and/or AS (Asperger's Syndrome) spectrum.

Pretty sure a few of the people I work directly with - are well onto the HFA/AS spectrum.

I wouldn't rule myself out being one of them - can't be arsed to be tested - what's the point - there's no treatment/cure - it doesn't affect my quality of life, even if it may define my life.

But I haven't felt the need to hack US military computers or fiddle financial rates.

Comment

I don't understand why he is worried about going to face justice in the US, I mean he is white.
                  I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

The judge in the Libor trial told jurors that Mr Hayes has been diagnosed with Asperger’s syndrome, which means he tends to only see the world in black and white
                    Good. Let's hope that when they sort his cell out he only gets a black and white TV.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                    X