• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How will the tube stike affect you this week?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How will the tube stike affect you this week?

Wombles to go on strike both Underground and Overground
    Yes - of course
    18.75%
    No - don't be so disgusting
    37.50%
    Ketchup
    6.25%
    The octopus stole my socks
    18.75%
    Precictable AndyW mum tube option
    18.75%

Gym was empty this am - waahoooo

Comment

I don't know what a stike is or what effect it would have on any of my tubes.
      I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

Yes, it'll affect me.

I'll be laughing at the news watching everyone trying to cram into one overheated sardine can of sweaty commuters, thanking my luck that I've not done that for years.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
          Yes, it'll affect me.

I'll be laughing at the news watching everyone trying to cram into one overheated sardine can of sweaty commuters, thanking my luck that I've not done that for years.
          ^ This.

And wondering what the beardy bloke is doing rummaging in his rucksack whilst shouting "God is good"
          Last edited by DimPrawn; 8 July 2015, 08:51.

Comment

The traffic on my staircase was light and free flowing this morning and I note that the action doesn't start until 18:30 by which point my return staircase commute will be done. Tomorrow might be a completely different matter but I doubt it will be. It'll most likely be the same but in different pants.

Comment

They should create a TV series, "I am a contractor, get me out of here". They could do trials, such as spending 2 hours trapped in a rammed London tube train during the hottest July on record, with someones unwashed armpit pushed into their face, and being forced to stand up in a packed commuter train for 3 hours, whilst it trundles along at 30 mph, even though they paid £200 to travel first class.

Comment

It'll affect me about as much as a leaf falling on one of the more remote Antipodes Islands
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

London. WGAF?
                  Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                    London. WGAF?
                    Its a lot better since we booted sasguru out.

Comment

Working...
                    X