• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Imminent house price crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Imminent house price crash

So, the BTL is going to be hit, plus now imminent interest rate increases to follow, so more houses on the market sold by desperate BTLers like MF, innit?

Originally posted by Naysayers
    Landlords will just put up rents
    If the market will support higher rents, then why not jack them up now - why wait until the tax hit.

Are landlords being collectively generous by charging below market rates today ????

EDIT: I did have to chuckle at DP starting the official budget thread predicting tax breaks for BTL

Comment

Maybe not imminent; but with the Shanghi index tanking, combined with a Grexit, the global picture has some concerns. All of which could result in general fiscal tightening by banks. Restricting demand still further.

We all know its a bubble. And the trigger is at stage 1.
      http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Oh God, things must be turning apocalyptic if AtW is back to gloat over an imminent house price crash!
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
          Oh God, things must be turning apocalyptic if AtW is back to gloat over an imminent house price crash!
          I might buy a house soon. So the crash better hurry up!!!

Nearly 20 years of renting...

Comment

I thought you were going to tell us you had bought a place, AtW. If you have then the crash is definitely on

Comment

Don't forget that high end London prices are going to fall anyway as the non-doms exit for pastures new

Comment

Originally posted by FarmerPalmer View Post
                Don't forget that high end London prices are going to fall anyway as the non-doms exit for pastures new
                Ah but if the Chinese stock market is turning to rat tulip, won't the richer sort there redouble their efforts to snap up investment property in the West?

(although arguably they'd be better waiting for the bottom if that is discernable and piling into stocks again.)
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
                  I thought you were going to tell us you had bought a place, AtW. If you have then the crash is definitely on
                  That was my first thought.

Crash predicted since 2000. Low interest rates, increasing availability of credit, immigration and London property being the world default currency (did you really think it was the $?) will keep the Ponzi scheme going. Crash will come - but it will be at least 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    That was my first thought.

Crash predicted since 2000. Low interest rates, increasing availability of credit, immigration and London property being the world default currency (did you really think it was the $?) will keep the Ponzi scheme going. Crash will come - but it will be at least 2020.
                    Unless Eurozone melt down or a massive oil spike, I think you are right. There could be other unforeseen events, but generally a trigger i believe is needed to pop it.
                    http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Working...
                    X