• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Running boots recommendation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Running boots recommendation

I need a better pair of boots for my runs, Asics was recommended:

Anyone uses them? Which model would be best?!?!

Any other brands?
    Last edited by administrator; 11 September 2013, 14:08. Reason: Link removed on request of paranoid search agency :o)

I find the Nike Air Max 180 to be very good.

but probably out of your price range.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I find Immodium is best for your runs. Your boots will fill up eventually.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
        I need a better pair of boots for my runs, Asics was recommended:

Anyone uses them? Which model would be best?!?!

Any other brands?
        You need good shock absorbtion. I use Asics running shoes at the moment. They are good, but don't go for the cheapest.

BTW did you mean boots? For running?
        Last edited by administrator; 11 September 2013, 14:08. Reason: Link removed on request of paranoid search agency :o)

Comment

What model of Asics? There seems to be many and they seem to differ in purpose, not sure that buying the most expensive would be buying the best.

I am now running around 2 miles per day - with stops albeit, but very short - get back with legs totally knackered, so thought using proper running boots rather than valenki would be better.

Btw, once I get used to running long distance I plan to make it harder, ie run in a gas mask, do you think locals would be all right with that? Would not want to mess with the police.

Comment

I hit 17stone recently. Started running and went in cheap trainers. I did about 3 miles with stops on the road and then couldnt walk for 3 days.

The nikes I bought are great. Loads of give in them.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan
              I hit 17stone recently. Started running and went in cheap trainers. I did about 3 miles with stops on the road and then couldnt walk for 3 days.

The nikes I bought are great. Loads of give in them.
              So, if there's anyone in the Basingstoke area who was wondering why the roads were in such a shocking state, now you know...

His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Mordy mate. I have tulips bigger than you!
                Some of which who will work cheaper, later and have more MCSEs than you!

Comment

Yep - I've got Asics. And I managed 13 miles in 'em (cr@p time but it was hot and Nottingham has a lot of hills...)
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

I've done alot of running, including the London Marathon. Go to a proper running shop ASAP and get kitted out with a proper pair of shoes.

The shop assistant should watch you run up and down the street and look to see if you pronate or supernate (roll feet in or out).

Asics are good, but they are American. As are Nike. This means they suit wide feet. Adidas are German and will suit narrow feet better, for instance. A decent running shop will tell you this and advise accordingly.

Seriously, get yourself a decent pair of running shoes from a proper (dedicated) running shop. I've had to spend many £££ in the past at private physio as a result of poor shoes/advice.

Enjoy your running!
                    Cats are evil.

Comment

Working...
                    X