• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Redneck Rage

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Redneck Rage

Tears of Rage as South Carolina Votes to Take Down the Confederate Flag - The Daily Beast

They will be blubbing into their Jack Daniels' tonight in Hicksville.
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Those who forget the past are condemned to repeat it.
    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

while opponents called it a modern-day emblem of hate, rage, and racism.
      It's funny 'cause Abe Lincoln was about as racist as you can be. He considered blacks to be a lower species of human and wanted then annexed into their own state, or preferably back to Africa.

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
        Those who forget the past are condemned to repeat it.
        Those who control the present, control the past and those who control the past control the future

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          Those who control the present, control the past and those who control the past control the future

HTH
          Doubleplusgood.

Comment

I know nothing of US politics but banning flags doesn't seem to be the sort of thing that would promote truth and reconciliation. Rather it would build up resentment and problems for the next generation. OK I guess it hasn't actually been banned.

Just because a crank mass murderer posed with the flag, does not mean he and the flag are one. What if the murderer had posed with the stars and stripes? Banning/hiding the flag seems almost to agree with the murderer (that the flag represents his actions), and seems almost to perfume his cause with whiff of martyrdom.

Better to view him for what he is: a mass murderer. Stunted. Nihilistic. Representing nothing.

Comment

I misread the title at first

Originally posted by Nigel Farage MEP - 2016-06-24 04:00:00
              "I hope this victory brings down this failed project and leads us to a Europe of sovereign nation states, trading together, being friends together, cooperating together, and let's get rid of the flag, the anthem, Brussels, and all that has gone wrong."

Comment

Originally posted by rl4engc View Post
                I misread the title at first

Ditto!

Comment

Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
                  It's funny 'cause Abe Lincoln was about as racist as you can be. He considered blacks to be a lower species of human and wanted then annexed into their own state, or preferably back to Africa.
                  So what? The views you or I hold now may be seen as outrageously offensive in 25 years time
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

red neck rage? Is this about hogweed?

Giant hogweed warning after children hurt in Bolton - BBC News

Genesis did a nice song about that....

Comment

Working...
                    X