• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BCS Business Analysis Diploma

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BCS Business Analysis Diploma

Anyone done this / doing this / planning to do this?

Coming to the end of my current contract and thinking of getting a few courses under my belt before looking for next role. Been a PM and BA for years, but think it's time to get a formal BA qual (I already have Prince).

Anyone recommend a good provider, preferably in South West area (Poole, Bournmouth, Bath etc).

Cheers. Whorty
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

The most practised anal-ists are in Brighton. Ahem...so I understand.

Comment

I'm in a similar situation and ordered the BCS Business Analysis book. Foundation looks straightforward, 1 hour multi choice.

I'm just going to read the book and then sit the exam. Waste of time attending a course.

Will then do the Diploma in BA, which requires 3 further written exams and an oral examination (wait for the wise crack remarks!)

Comment

Do the BCS allow answers involving PCs yet?

Or do they still consider PCs to be 'toys' [sic]?

Comment

Originally posted by ContractorBanking View Post
          I'm in a similar situation and ordered the BCS Business Analysis book. Foundation looks straightforward, 1 hour multi choice.

I'm just going to read the book and then sit the exam. Waste of time attending a course.

Will then do the Diploma in BA, which requires 3 further written exams and an oral examination (wait for the wise crack remarks!)
          I looked at this a while ago. I gave up because at the time, providers would not do 'test only' they insisted you take their course. It would be nice to know if that has changed.

Comment

I did foundation

Comment

I did foundation and it was pretty basic but could only find course with test at the end and couldn't be bovvered

Comment

Yes, you can do exam-only. But you got to ring the course providers and tell them you only want the exam.

Comment

Exam only on a day trip to London, or find one local

Business Analysis | Business analysis | Certifications | BCS Certifications

Comment

Working...
                  X