• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Travel and subsistence consultation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Travel and subsistence consultation

IPSE members, please see the thread below

https://community.ipse.co.uk/threads...stence.109707/

and email your views to the address in the thread.

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    IPSE members, please see the thread below

https://community.ipse.co.uk/threads...stence.109707/

and email your views to the address in the thread.
    Oi fook off posting to other sites which require you to join up. Soliciting for business no doubt.

Admin, take a look please, this poster is trying to get CUKKERS to bugger off and join their site.

Standard 1 day ban please.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      Soliciting for business no doubt.
      IPSE is a massage site?

ms did not even post her sign up code....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        IPSE is a massage site?

ms did not even post her sign up code....
        It's IPSEMGM0656

Happy to help.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          Oi fook off posting to other sites which require you to join up. Soliciting for business no doubt.

Admin, take a look please, this poster is trying to get CUKKERS to bugger off and join their site.

Standard 1 day ban please.
          Fook off yerself and take your permie freeloader expense account with you!

Comment

Comment

Please respond whether you're an IPSE member or not. The more evidence, the stronger the case - send your responses to the email address below.

https://www.ipse.co.uk/news/2015/tra...-want-hear-you

The Government announced in the Summer Budget that it would consult on restricting tax relief on home-to-work travel, writes IPSE Deputy Director of Policy and External Affairs, Andrew Chamberlain.

This is an extremely important issue for many professionals, including those who operate through their own limited company and it is these businesses specifically that we would like to hear from -you can read the consultation document here.

Your responses to IPSE will inform our submission to the consultation. We are particularly looking for real life examples of how these proposals will affect limited company contractors.

IPSE will be formally surveying its members throughout August on the proposals. In the meantime we would welcome any initial comments. To help frame your response you may wish to consider the following questions:
              • What sector do you work in and what is your profession?
              • How extensively to you travel for your business? How many separate engagements do you travel to each year? Do you have any contracts that require travel to different locations, at short notice?
              • How much to you estimate you claim back in relief per year? Please express this as a total figure and as a % of turnover
              • How will the proposal impact your business?

The consultation closes on 30 September. In order to give us time to collate your responses, please respond by the end of 6th September.

The address to send your responses to is [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                Please respond whether you're an IPSE member or not. The more evidence, the stronger the case - send your responses to the email address below.

https://www.ipse.co.uk/news/2015/tra...-want-hear-you
                Done.

Question I asked in responding, and maybe I've read the consultation wrong or missed something, but how does this affect T&S costs paid for directly by the company? The consultation seems to assume that expenses are all paid by the "worker" and then reimbursed to them by the company. At the moment the only thing that MyCo reimburses me for is milage costs, if I switched to travelling by train it wouldn't even include that as it would be paid directly from the co. account. How would this be taxed as income if it's never actually paid to me?
                Last edited by DaveB; 17 July 2015, 09:38.
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                  Done.

Question I asked in responding, and maybe I've read the consultation wrong or missed something, but how does this affect T&S costs paid for directly by the company? The consultation seems to assume that expenses are all paid by the "worker" and then reimbursed to them by the company. AT the moment the only this that MyCo reimburses me for is milage costs, if I switched to travelling by train it wouldn't even include that as it would be payed directly from the co. account. How would this be taxed as income if it's never actually paid to me?
                  Even paid by yourco it is reportable via P11D (if you're doing things properly). This amount must be copied onto your Self Assessment so that is the tax point. Currently, the same number gets entered twice on different parts of the SA because you also declare it as a business expense, which cancels any tax owed.

If the new rules were to deny claiming T&S as business expense then the number would only be entered once on the SA and the end calculation would show you owe tax.

However P11D reporting of T&S is also under review, so it's a good question.

Comment

Working...
                  X