• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Budget in Summary

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Budget in Summary

Below is a potential model of your salary and dividend income and tax exposure, using the prospective tax rates effective from 6th April 2016:

Tax free personal allowance salary: £11,000 (tax free)
    Tax free dividends: £5,000 (tax free)
    Available dividends within the basic rate: £27,000
    Dividends taxed at 7.5% (£27,000): (£2,025)
    Take home pay: £40,975

There's a coporate tax savings of 1% from April 2016 and another 1% in 2020.

Sole Directors, get a hit on subsistence and travel, unless you have another employee or director then you're fine.

IR35 under massive scrutiny - so make sure your contract is water-tight and your work practices match that.

--
    Add to this thread if you have any more info to share.

Originally posted by argoran View Post
    Below is a potential model of your salary and dividend income and tax exposure, using the prospective tax rates effective from 6th April 2016:

Tax free personal allowance salary: £11,000 (tax free)
    Tax free dividends: £5,000 (tax free)
    Available dividends within the basic rate: £27,000
    Dividends taxed at 7.5% (£27,000): (£2,025)
    Take home pay: £40,975

There's a coporate tax savings of 1% from April 2016 and another 1% in 2020.

Sole Directors, get a hit on subsistence and travel, unless you have another employee or director then you're fine.

IR35 under massive scrutiny - so make sure your contract is water-tight and your work practices match that.

--
    Add to this thread if you have any more info to share.
    Who are you?

And the subsistence and travel bit is up for discussion and you need to remember that the issue HMRC is hitting here is not us but we may be collateral damage...
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      Who are you?

And the subsistence and travel bit is up for discussion and you need to remember that the issue HMRC is hitting here is not us but we may be collateral damage...
      Very true, but a hit is a hit. Just because you're not the primary target doesn't lessen the effect*.

*if there is an effect once all the details are clear...

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        Who are you?

Yeah, who are you?

And do you like gladiators? Was there anything in the budget regarding plumbing? (I've been on holiday...)
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
          Yeah, who are you?

And do you like gladiators? Was there anything in the budget regarding plumbing? (I've been on holiday...)
          Anywhere nice?
          Don't you just hate being on holiday in the middle of a heatwave back home
          (sent from a poolside in France)

Comment

Originally posted by Goatfell View Post
            Anywhere nice?
            Don't you just hate being on holiday in the middle of a heatwave back home
            (sent from a poolside in France)
            Weymouth. The weather was lovely ta.

My phone gave up the ghost while I was there though. I need to buy an iPhone later today (I was going to buy a non-apple phone, but who am I kidding? )
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."

Comment

Weymouth. The weather was lovely ta.

Comment

Originally posted by argoran View Post
                Budget in Summary
                Bend over and brace?

Comment

Yeah, who are you?

OP posted previously on one of the now numerous EBT threads (I think) so best not to heed any financial advice proffered......

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                    OP posted previously on one of the now numerous EBT threads (I think) so best not to heed any financial advice proffered......
                    Oh yes, now I remember.

Comment

Working...
                    X