• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agents, just fek orf

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agents, just fek orf

Got this in my inbox after a phone call from an agent.
    Why the fek do they need references, contacts, e-mails, company names, passport etc for me to register.

I've replied saying in order for me to register I shall need at least 3 years work from them, their cut will be no more than 1% and I will be charging them a couple of grand for the privilege of having me register.

Rullion eh.....

W@nkers

Thank you for speaking with me this afternoon. Job spec is attached for your information, the role is with a company is ***********
    Let me know if your interested and I will submit your CV to the client.

I need the following information to register you with our company -

2 Reference contacts
    2 x Contact names
    2 x Job titles
    2 x Company names
    2x Email Addresses or Telephone numbers

ID
    A copy of your passport or driving license for identification purposes.

If you have any questions please let me know
    whats the lowest you can do this for?

Find another job/agent - this one probably doesn't have one (or doesn't think he'll get the gig) and is fishing.

As for the passport, tell him you'll give him a letter from the Director of your company telling him you are who you say you are...
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Just out of curiosity, if they had all that information, could you expect to meet someone claiming to be you on the street, asking for directions to the local social security office in a very russian or african accent?

Comment

That's the concern, Weltchy..
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Good. In which case, if we meet someone on the street who goes by the name Hank and speaks in a dodgy russian or african accent, its obviously a case of identity fraud and we are well entitled to kick ten bells out of him!!

Comment

Originally posted by HankWangford

I need the following information to register you with our company -

2 Reference contacts
            2 x Contact names
            2 x Job titles
            2 x Company names
            2x Email Addresses or Telephone numbers

ID
            A copy of your passport or driving license for identification purposes.

If you have any questions please let me know
            What the agent really means

2 people I can piss off by continually calling them up and asking them if they are looking for contractors.
            2 more people I can piss off by continually calling them up and asking them if they are looking for contractors.
            2 companies I can piss off by continually calling them up and asking them if they are looking for contractors.

Comment

Working...
            X