• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

7.5% divvy tax where is it going

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Queen could get 'millions' to soundproof Windsor Castle from Heathrow noise | Daily Mail Online

And where would 38% divvy tax go?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      And where would 38% divvy tax go?

I'm interested in how they arrived by the .1% on the end - Conservative Xmas party?
      ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
        I'm interested in how they arrived by the .1% on the end - Conservative Xmas party?
        More interesting, given that there are 40% and 45% tax bands, then why the fook divvy taxes are 32.5% and 38.1% - WTF the difference isn't 5%???

Given that corp tax is paid, overall taxation level would be nicely close to 50% - something that is expected from Nu Liebor, but certainly did not expect it from Tories who dropped income tax rates to 45% from 50%.

Comment

What worries me is any future budgets will see it as a quick win and bump it up year on year.

Comment

I think this was a story first presented in the Sunday Times today, the completely preposterous idea that the UNESCO world heritage building Windsor Castle will be eligible for double glazing.

Stand down zoomers, stand down.

Comment

Double glazing is for peasants like MF.

Her Majesty deserves at least triple glazing!

Comment

She should apply for a Green Deal finance plan.

Comment

I'm sure Charles will want solar panels on the roof of Buckingham palace and some windmills in the garden when he moves in

Comment

Don't want to get in the way of the indigination but actually what the article is on about is compensation from Heathrow airport, which is actually a private company.

...OK you can get back to being indignant again.
                    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                    X