• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK referendum - EU membership

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UK referendum - EU membership

Until today, it was an easy YES to stay in the EU, but the last few days is making me doubt whether I want to be in such a club.

Currently the UK's economy is 5th globally in terms of GDP http://knoema.com/nwnfkne/world-gdp-...ata-and-charts
    Last edited by PurpleGorilla; 13 July 2015, 10:27.
    http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
    Until today, it was an easy YES to stay in the EU, but the last few days is making me doubt whether I want to be in such a club.
    you just noticed its biased & run by a Franco German alliance with no respect for members?

or where there other reasons?
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I tend to agree.

I think the UK voters would have been fairly evenly split, my own opinions are fairly evenly split and make it hard for me to decide either way what I think would be the best course for the UK, but I don't see this a friendly helping hand for Greece, it is an iron clad hand refusing to let one little player spoil the game.

Comment

I think based on Greece, the issue is whether Germany will LET us leave even if we want to.
        Maybe we should vote to leave, and then all get showered with Euros as a "please stay" gift?
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          I think based on Greece, the issue is whether Germany will LET us leave even if we want to.
          Maybe we should vote to leave, and then all get showered with Euros as a "please stay" gift?
          LoL

I would hope that we have a slightly stronger hand to play

Comment

The Germans did actually propose a Grexit on Saturday and were shouted down, now they're being shouted down for not doing a Grexit.

If the UK stays in then it's the Germans' fault and if there is a Brexit then ...err well that would be the fault of the Germans.
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              you just noticed its biased & run by a Franco German alliance with no respect for members?

or where there other reasons?
              No, not just noticed; but the thin social veneer has peeled off revealing an iron interior.

Comment

The Eurozone is not the EU. If you were talking about Britain being in the Eurozone you'd probably have a point. Grexit and Brexit are totally different; nobody ever thought Greece would leave the EU.
                Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                  The Eurozone is not the EU. If you were talking about Britain being in the Eurozone you'd probably have a point. Grexit and Brexit are totally different; nobody ever thought Greece would leave the EU.
                  I am aware of the difference and I really did mean to say leave the EU.

Comment

This spectacle of incompetence will surely make some undecideds vote out. Whether it's decisive or not is difficult to say, but experience suggests that the Greek saga could still be running in 2016/17 when it turns out that a left coalition couldn't implement the required reforms any better than a center right coalition.

Comment

Working...
                    X