• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How to stay motivated in a lower paying role?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to stay motivated in a lower paying role?

I want to reskill as my niche is drying out. To do that, I need to get a more junior / lower paying role initially (possibly, the horror a 'permanent' one)
    My concern about that is staying motivated, my mind keeps going, I could earn that in a quarter of the time, what am I doing here wasting my time/life and that is even before I started.
    Any ideas on how to stay motivated?

Originally posted by yasockie View Post
    I want to reskill as my niche is drying out. To do that, I need to get a more junior / lower paying role initially (possibly, the horror a 'permanent' one)
    My concern about that is staying motivated, my mind keeps going, I could earn that in a quarter of the time, what am I doing here wasting my time/life and that is even before I started.
    Any ideas on how to stay motivated?
    You know the answer.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Find somewhere with lots of totty. That keeps me motivated to be there.

Comment

As long as you are learning something you shouldn't be demotivated
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

why

just dress your experience up as suitable and blag it.

now who on here used to advise that all the time?

Can't you find clients who want a bit of your niche and have the other skill requirements if you get the certs / training yourself. Not found much I cant pick up (apart from people skills) if I need to.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I'm earning, I'm learning, I'm gurning.

Comment

Working...
            X