• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

That makes my stomach turn

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That makes my stomach turn

Teenagers dangle legs over Seven Sisters cliffs edge above 300ft drop | Daily Mail Online

It's amazing how looking at purchase on the top of cliffs, or looking a long way down has a physical impact on you? What drives that?

Anyone else feel queezy looking at these?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

QUOTE=MarillionFan;2117618]Teenagers dangle legs over Seven Sisters cliffs edge above 300ft drop | Daily Mail Online

It's amazing how looking at purchase on the top of cliffs, or looking a long way down has a physical impact on you? What drives that?

Anyone else feel queezy looking at these?[/QUOTE]

If that makes you queazy, you'll love this one

Last edited by DaveB; 14 July 2015, 10:45.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Nice view, if you can stand heights.

Watching Discovery channel yesterday, all about working as crane drivers.

Comment

Brave of them, I wouldn't be able to do that unless I bum-shuffled up to the edge. I remember when we visited the Grand Canyon, I got to about 10 feet away from the cliff and felt like I was teetering on the edge.

I wonder how one trains themself out of this fear?
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I thought it was going to be a picture of you in your mankini.

Comment

Ooof - not my cup of tea.

Comment

happened to catch a re run of top gear last night - the one where Jezza drives the RS4 in a race against those speed climbers - just watching that is enough to make me cringe..

there are some nutters who just like to climb tall things n then dangle.

Comment

Nope nope nope nope nope.

I went up to the top of the tower in Toronto and part of it has a glass floor. I managed to walk onto it without really paying attention and then looked down. Feet did not want to move.

Comment

For the poster who IM'd me to tell me they thought this thread was going to have a naked picture of Mudskipper, I just want to say 'Eek, that wasn't very nice'.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    I wonder how one trains themself out of this fear?
                    Practice.

I knew a person who was afraid of heights. He forced himself to become a tower block window cleaner to beat his phobia!

Comment

Working...
                    X