• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Have we done this yet?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have we done this yet?

Fox-hunting: SNP forces Cameron to delay planned Commons vote - BBC News

If I am getting this correctly, Dave is attempting to tweak some of the laws regarding foxhunting in England and Wales to match those currently in force in Scotland.
    And Nicola and her little band, who earlier stated that they would not get involved in matters that are only relevant to England and Wales, have done a complete u-turn and decided to stick their unwanted oar in anyway.
    Even for politicos this is taking hypocrisy to a new, and frankly quite disturbing dimension.
    She seems to have more faces than the Town Hall clock.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Nicola and co have been lobbied by the anti-hunting folks.

There is a 38 Degrees campaign against it and all MPs where lobbied in the campaign by their constituents.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
      Fox-hunting: SNP forces Cameron to delay planned Commons vote - BBC News

If I am getting this correctly, Dave is attempting to tweak some of the laws regarding foxhunting in England and Wales to match those currently in force in Scotland.
      And Nicola and her little band, who earlier stated that they would not get involved in matters that are only relevant to England and Wales, have done a complete u-turn and decided to stick their unwanted oar in anyway.
      Even for politicos this is taking hypocrisy to a new, and frankly quite disturbing dimension.
      She seems to have more faces than the Town Hall clock.

They may be Scottish but they're also leftie t*****s. Fight the evil Tor-ees!

Comment

WTF is wrong with fox hunting and killing animals, it's tradition???

Only last week the street was up in arms where I live because someone had killed two cats and strung them up in the local woods. One was nailed to the ground inside a pentagon surrounded by burnt out candles & what appeared to some kind of herbal offering to the devil, while the other was nailed to an upside cross on a nearby tree. It's obviously religious and a tradition but the way the locals have been up in arms, you'd think a family of immigrants had moved in next door.

Now if I could only remember where I put my hammer.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by Flashman View Post
          They may be Scottish but they're also leftie t*****s. Fight the evil Tor-ees!
          Yes, that fact that the Tories have a majority in the house and enough of them were going to vote against their own party is neither here nor there.
          When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Hmmmm. Not sure which side I'm on here. Being a nature freak I hate fox hunting but this move by the stinking SNP also sucks.

PS DA will be furious!!!!!!!!!!
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

someone had killed two cats and strung them up in the local woods
              When I said I was a nature freak I forgot to mention that excludes cats. I hate cats almost as much as I hate people.

Great idea MF! Why don't we keep the ban on fox hunting and hunt cats instead? Plenty of them.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                When I said I was a nature freak I forgot to mention that excludes cats. I hate cats almost as much as I hate people.

Great idea MF! Why don't we keep the ban on fox hunting and hunt cats instead? Plenty of them.
                No idea what you mean. It just reminded me I cannot find my hammer.

You're sick....
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                  But surely since Scotland is part of the Union, and Cameron himself campaigned for it, then duly elected MPs from Scotland got full right to vote???

Personally I think that Call Me Dave should not even bring the foxes, don't they have more important things to do ffs???

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    But surely since Scotland is part of the Union, and Cameron himself campaigned for it, then duly elected MPs from Scotland got full right to vote???

Personally I think that Call Me Dave should not even bring the foxes, don't they have more important things to do ffs???
                    Shaunbhoy is another one of the mixed up anti-SNP brigade. Had Scotland had 50 Labour MP's voting against, he'd have applauded it.
                    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Working...
                    X