• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Prime Day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prime Day

I assume lots of Prime members on CUK. They're doing a Black-Friday-esque sale today only, for Prime customers.

Some deals seem to last all day, others are for short times only. No idea if the deals are much good but worth a look perhaps... you can get a Kindle for as little as £40, one of those Fire TV stick things for £20, and I'm half tempted by these although I haven't checked this is a genuine 50% off as they're still pretty damn pricey: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00D42A16E
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Taking a nosey through them I'm not that impressed. The comparison to the whole "Black Friday" thing isn't only contrived it's clearly fictional, the deals look very ordinary to me.

If they want to use it to get people to buy their Prime subscription then they need to do a lot better than a tenner off a Kindle, you would need to spend upwards of £300 on the best discounted kit just to break even on the Prime subs cost let alone see a benefit.

Meh....

Comment

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/74354f2e-0...#axzz3fwyKr9GI

Tax dodging scum.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
        Taking a nosey through them I'm not that impressed. The comparison to the whole "Black Friday" thing isn't only contrived it's clearly fictional, the deals look very ordinary to me.
        WTMS

It's just a warehouse clearance.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
          WTMS

It's just a warehouse clearance.
          agree but

fire tv stick at £19 is a pretty good deal.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            agree but

fire tv stick at £19 is a pretty good deal.
            That's how much they were to prime members back in March.

Comment

I bought a prime stick for £19 in March and it's fab.

The price went up to £35 mostly, since, but has been at £23ish on a couple of occasions for some reason.

I don't see that there are many great deals today though, unless you want one of the 3 things that are heavily reduced.

The problem I've found with being a prime member is that I've become obsessed with using it. I could look at something I want to buy. A non-prime seller has it for £15 plus £5 delivery. A prime seller has it for £23 with free delivery. I think "I've paid for Prime, so I'm using it".

Comment

Yep: I am watching this – we needed a new nas & was looking at the QNAP 4 bay; which just so happens to be in the sale so waiting to see what discount is offered.
                Growing old is mandatory
                Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
                  Yep: I am watching this – we needed a new nas & was looking at the QNAP 4 bay; which just so happens to be in the sale so waiting to see what discount is offered.
                  It's on offer now, and I didn't think the discount was compelling. But I guess if you were buying one anyway, save a few quid why not.

EDIT: the one deal I did want, 1 1TB Samsung SSD, I missed :-(

Comment

Just checked and it's loads of unsold junk.

Comment

Working...
                    X