• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

P2P ISA?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

P2P ISA?

Summer Budget 2015: Peer-to-peer savings to be - Money Saving Expert

I hadn't heard of this little gem, does it include lending through platforms like Zopa? That would be a great deal.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Summer Budget 2015: Peer-to-peer savings to be - Money Saving Expert

I hadn't heard of this little gem, does it include lending through platforms like Zopa? That would be a great deal.
    Zopa and a few others have been pushing for this for the last few years. I hadn't seen this in the budget but it's a great way forward. Firstly you get a higher rate of interest from P2P lenders and so would be a great way to get better than cash, but less risky than shares. The only downside is none of them are FSC covered, so if Zopa does go belly up, you're screwed.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Now I just want to be able to buy shares in property and I can have a massively wide portfolio all in ISAs

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        Zopa and a few others have been pushing for this for the last few years. I hadn't seen this in the budget but it's a great way forward. Firstly you get a higher rate of interest from P2P lenders and so would be a great way to get better than cash, but less risky than shares. The only downside is none of them are FSC covered, so if Zopa does go belly up, you're screwed.
        A similar model was on Dragons Den last week, they wouldnt touch it because it was not regulated and their name would be attached when it went belly up.

(And the dude has already had a dodgy property past)

Comment

Interesting, but is it really safer than shares?
          Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
            Nothing safer than wrapping your mattress in an ISA.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
              It's not supposed to be, is it? It's just another whole type of investment being moved under the ISA umbrella.

Comment

Government raid ISAS retrospectively

<placeholder>

Comment

Originally posted by Dallas View Post
                  A similar model was on Dragons Den last week, they wouldnt touch it because it was not regulated and their name would be attached when it went belly up.

(And the dude has already had a dodgy property past)
                  Not even a new idea. I invested a few hundred quid in something doing exactly that maybe 10 years ago. It went belly up.

Comment

What else can you put in ISA's these days? What about MyCo shares, that'd be handy under the circumstances

Comment

Working...
                    X