• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Foxhunting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Foxhunting

Have we discussed this? Why is this so important?

Again Brendan O'Neill sums it up

They don’t give a flying fox about hunting | British politics | Liberties | spiked
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

If I have a mouse problem I get a cat. I don't get 100 hooray henrys dressed up in stupid outfits to chase the thing while they revel in its suffering.

To be fair, if an agent was dropped in a field to be chased by 100 hooray henrys I would not object.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
      Again Brendan O'Neill sums it up
      Indeed he does. Incorrectly. He sets off on the wrong foot almost immediately:
      "The practical debate is only about whether they should be culled by hunters with guns – and probably dogs – or by hunters with horse and hound"

Aside from the debatable point on whether foxes need to be culled at all (bulk of their diet in rural areas is rabbit, the population of which far exceeds foxes), study after study of foxes, their diet and how they breed shows that culling foxes has no practical effect. Foxes from surrounding areas simply move in to fill the void. Also, culling in winter has been shown to increase the litter of surviving foxes the following spring

The fox hunt is about some segment of people having a good time. Whether that's a good enough reason or not is immaterial to this argument. It does them no service arguing that it is in the interest of the population control

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        If I have a mouse problem I get a cat. I don't get 100 hooray henrys dressed up in stupid outfits to chase the thing while they revel in its suffering.

To be fair, if an agent was dropped in a field to be chased by 100 hooray henrys I would not object.
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by Lifelongontractor View Post
          Indeed he does. Incorrectly. He sets off on the wrong foot almost immediately:
          "The practical debate is only about whether they should be culled by hunters with guns – and probably dogs – or by hunters with horse and hound"

Aside from the debatable point on whether foxes need to be culled at all (bulk of their diet in rural areas is rabbit, the population of which far exceeds foxes), study after study of foxes, their diet and how they breed shows that culling foxes has no practical effect. Foxes from surrounding areas simply move in to fill the void. Also, culling in winter has been shown to increase the litter of surviving foxes the following spring

The fox hunt is about some segment of people having a good time. Whether that's a good enough reason or not is immaterial to this argument. It does them no service arguing that it is in the interest of the population control
          The point Brendan O'Neill makes is that those that oppose foxhunting basically want to put an end to people's freedoms. As for the practical side of the argument I presume you do not think foxes are a problem for farmers etc.

Comment

The point Brendan O'Neill makes is that those that oppose foxhunting basically want to put an end to people's freedoms. As for the practical side of the argument I presume you do not think foxes are a problem for farmers etc.
            He doesn't make any point at all as the article was written by Mick Hume, once again a rightie gets the facts wrong
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
              He doesn't make any point at all as the article was written by Mick Hume, once again a rightie gets the facts wrong
              Like the lazy confused hypocrite of a leftie europhiile that you are you say he makes no points at all . Actually he does. It is just that you cannot make any counter points. How are they wrong?
              Last edited by DodgyAgent; 15 July 2015, 11:38.

Comment

The point Brendan O'Neill makes is that those that oppose foxhunting basically want to put an end to people's freedoms.
                And you think people should be free to carry out FGM?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  And you think people should be free to carry out FGM?
                  No

Comment

Can't they use robot foxes instead???

Much more humane.

Comment

Working...
                    X