• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

An End to Austerity

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An End to Austerity

For some, anyway: MPs given go ahead for 10% pay rise to £74,000 - BBC News

I wonder who is paying for this?

Comment

Presumably nurses are getting 11%?

Comment

No doubt my FaceBook wall will shortly be full of claptrap about "Tories give MPs 10% pay rise while nurses get 1%" from my left-wing friends, who conveniently forget the facts that most (it seems) MPs have been campaigning NOT to get this pay-rise.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          I wonder who is paying for this?

The cost of the pay-rise is probably tiny compared to the cost of the board who made the decision.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            No doubt my FaceBook wall will shortly be full of claptrap about "Tories give MPs 10% pay rise while nurses get 1%" from my left-wing friends, who conveniently forget the facts that most (it seems) MPs have been campaigning NOT to get this pay-rise.
            You need to change your friends?

Actually I am amazed you have any friends....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              You need to change your friends?

Actually I am amazed you have any friends....
              To many of my friends, I am their right-wing friend.

Comment

Sadly, we live in a representative democracy, not a true democracy.
                So we have representatives, expenses, pay, parties, elections, political broadcasts, party leadership elections and all the rest of the baggage.
                One day we will have a true democracy with a referendum on every vote, brought directly to your PC by the power of IT and the interweb.
                Vote EO. you know it makes sense
                (\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

£74k?

Here's an unpopular thought, maybe we should start paying them decent money and we could get some decent politicians.

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
                    £74k?

Here's an unpopular thought, maybe we should start paying them decent money and we could get some decent politicians.
                    Have you seen the pensions, benefits and second home allowances?

In reality they earn the equivalent of double that at least. And we have hundreds of the useless feckers....

Comment

Working...
                    X