• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cut throat razor

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cut throat razor

Had one for my birthday, first go tonight. My bathroom now looks like I have murdered a prostitute.

Anyone else use one? It's a lovely tight shave, if you ignore the blood.

Wilkinson Sword?

Comment

Originally posted by TheLordDave View Post
      Had one for my birthday, first go tonight. My bathroom now looks like I have murdered a prostitute.

Anyone else use one? It's a lovely tight shave, if you ignore the blood.
      Are you mental?
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Wilkinson Sword?
        Yup

Comment

Anyone else use one
          ? It's a lovely tight shave, if you ignore the blood.
          Answering your question strictly and honestly, no I never have

Comment

For a real challenge, try one of these....

Comment

I use a saftey razor for when I'm going out for occasions and that took enough getting used to. An alum block is a must!! It gives a much better shave that normal multiblade razors, I love it. I've looked in to trying a cut throat but the shave is so good from the safety razor I can't see much reward for the risk so I skipped it.

I do go for a cut throat shave at a local barbers once in awhile though.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Comment

I suffer badly from ingrown hairs after a wet shave so used an electric for years but I'm tired of never having that 'shaved fresh feeling' thought a cut throat might give a cleaner cut to the bristle and reduce in grown ones. We shall see.

Comment

I suffer badly from ingrown hairs after a wet shave so used an electric for years but I'm tired of never having that 'shaved fresh feeling' thought a cut throat might give a cleaner cut to the bristle and reduce in grown ones. We shall see.
                    Same as me. I have really thick facial hair as well so even after a shave with a normal razor it looked like I had a shadow on and could feel it. The safety razor gives a great shave. First time I actually have a smooth face after a shave. I get the best shave after two or three days of growth though.

You got a strap and alum block? Grow your beard for a week if you ever get chance and take note of the direction of your hair, shave with the flow once then lather up and go against etc. Watch some videos on youtube.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X